1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Shang-Chi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 4, 2018.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

Yep.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I know. How can you not know that I know?

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Simu Liu, Awkwafina to Star in Marvel’s Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings
    By Bethy Squires
    [​IMG]
    Photo: CHRIS DELMAS/AFP/Getty Images

Hinted at since the first MCU movie, Iron Man, Marvel is finally making Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings. The film will feature Kim’s Convenience star Simu Liu as the titular Shang-Chi, a half-Chinese, half-American superhero. He’s adept at multiple wushu fighting styles. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed to the Hall H crowd that Liu would get the role and that Destin Daniel Cretton will direct. Awkwafina will play a yet unnamed role, and the real Mandarin will be played by Wong Kar-wai’s number one smoulderer Tony Leung. Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings is slated for a February 12, 2021 release. Incidentally, this is a role Liu has been gunning for online since 2018.

[​IMG]

RELEASE DATE
    February 12, 2021
    DIRECTOR
    Destin Daniel Cretton
    WRITTEN BY
    Dave Callaham
    CAST
    Awkwafina, Simu Liu, Tony Chiu-Wai Leung

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad they fixed the mandarin character, iron man three was crap

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The fact that the Space Jam reboot doesn't star Jerry Lin proves how unwoke Trump Hollywood is.

thanks obama

Jontro likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

The best way to introduce a character, who may not draw mainstream, in my opinion, is to bring him into universe mysteriously or slowly. Otherwise, you need to make this movie the greatest thing since slided bread so you open the door for more Asian characters. Which marvel can do, but it means putting money into it right out of the gate. The guy looks cool enough for me to watch. I don't have any idea who this character is, but didn't know guardians of even the xmen before they went to the screen.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

Terrible casting. That guy is ugly and doesnt even have martial arts chops. They shoulda gone with this guy. Lewis Tan. Actually half asian and half white, AND has martial chops. Has screen presence and charisma too. Hollywood continues its trend of not putting handsome asian actors on the big screen in the main role unless you're a female.

[​IMG]

#47 Entropy, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude has a show on Netflix . He’s a well known Canadian actor

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Am I the only person who doesn't at all like Awkwafina?

tinman and donkeypunch like this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Who knows, it might just be really cool to have a Marvel sized budget on a martial arts flick. Some of you jokesters might even enjoy some of the rich history and culture from that side of the planet.

“Who eats Chinese food for breakfast?”
    “About a billion Chinese people...”

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Nope, Im right there with you. I cant stand that b****s voice in the google commercials.

Shouldve got a black dude to play the main character. I hear its all the craze these dayz...

Jontro likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Margaret cho is too old

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

What does being "handsome" have to do with anything? The role is for martial arts superhero Shang-Chi, not ladykiller James Bond.

Also, you can always learn martial arts for a movie. He has plenty of time. AND there ARE things called stunt doubles.

Also, what does being half-white have to do with anything? I don't recall Shang-Chi being anything less than 100% Asian.

ALSO:

Marvel has a knack for finding unknown names (Holland, Hemsworth, Evans, Hiddleston, etc) and essentially creating a star vehicle for these guys. Tan tried out for the role, and lost to Liu. Clearly, they saw something in Liu that they didn't seen in Tan. If anything, I'd say the casting for this role would be one of the most scrutinized roles in the MCU, since it's breaking barriers for Asians. No way Marvel would want to screw this particular casting up.

@Entropy, did Simu Liu personally do something to you? Your post is just full of salt.

tierre_brown likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Get the REAL Mandarin

Rocket River

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Being handsome is always a positive, especially for a leading role in a movie. In the comics, Shang Chi is half white. And nope, I'd just rather they cast a good looking actor over one that is less so.

#55 Entropy, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Entropy is right his mother was white but changing characters race or even gender is common for the MCU.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Comic book movies are worst than cancer. Let the genre die for godsakes

18. VanityHalfBlack

I think its because comic book movies have been done to death and people are sik of it.

19. VanityHalfBlack

I would have gone with Iko Uwais, best action star in the game right now.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

mr chow should've been cast. this is a great injustice