1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 17, 2019.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

And for anyone unclear, for which I think there are many including myself, Groot died. The little groot is in fact new.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Are you talking about the little Groot in Volume 2? Because I don't recall there being another little Groot. There's no little Groot any more- in Infinity War it was adolescent Groot.

3. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I have read that they are developing a script for the Eternals.

That could be something that ties into/spins out of Guardians.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Yes. The little groot and adolescent groot are the same groot, but not the same as the groot in the original Galaxy, who is as dead as half the universe. But now that you think about it....

5. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

When Teen Groot was reaching out to Rocket during the dusting his meek "I am Groot" meant "Dad...help..."

Jontro likes this.
  6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I absolutely love Volume 2. I like it better than the first one.

Easily one of my top 5 MCU movies (along with Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, and Infinity War).

7. Buck Turgidson

I don't think I've watched it since the theater and my memories of it may be a bit muddled. I need to give it another shot, I remember thinking it was okay-good but not great.

a la rockets and eric.81 like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Middle portion of volume 2 really dragged.

Quill getting to know his father was necessary from a narrative perspective, but it didn't make for great viewing IMO. Still really good, but a step down from the first one.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Watched it again recently, it was better than I remembered and it's quite good...but better than the first Guardians it is not.

arkoe, vlaurelio and eric.81 like this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd rank the GotG2 in the top 10. I agree that it does deserve more praise.

eric.81 likes this.
  11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

To each his own, or as Dave Chapelle once said, "some people think cucumbers taste better pickled!"

I am certainly a fan of part 1, but I just loved Vol. 2 a bit more... even the soundtrack.

seclusion likes this.
  12. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Well, nothing is stopping them from setting up Annihilus as a future villain for the entire MCU now.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I see Marvel backing off the 'Avengers' core a little since they have FF and X-Men to play with and establish. Galactus (and the Silver Surfer) would be the obvious next 'Cosmic' villain, with the 'Domestic' topic being Human/Mutant social issues. Black Panther would tie in nicely to the X-Men as he married Storm in the comics.

I do want to see Annihilus and his negative zone hoard tearing through the galaxy. Would set up at least an FF/GoTG crossover in the future.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

The most disturbing thing about part II was that Howard the duck was about to cheat on Lea Thompson, and even more disturbing is that I would probably watch that film.

Jontro likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think the first BIG thing to migrate will be Dr. Doom. Then I think you get evil mutants (maybe Namor) before you get X-Men, to establish and justify hate towards mutants.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

that ending from gotg2 doe... when the father and son song came on, the room got incredibly dusty.

17. Buck Turgidson

Dave Chapelle is wrong!

eric.81 likes this.
  18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I disagree. Avengers is an established franchise and it's their biggest. Please believe they already have the next Avengers movie planned with Marvel, Strange, and Panther (and Spider-man?) at the forefront.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't think they'll do it because I'm fairly positive her solo movies are going to be prequels following the Skrull / Kree war, but Marvel could easily jump back and forth (she joins them in the comics also, so does Iron Man for a time). I'm guessing the final Guardians movie will only focus on the existing Guardians (you know, the ones getting revived at the end of Endgame).

Wooderson likes this.
  20. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I actually wasn't thinking Captain Marvel. More of an unexpected jump, like Cap (who could play a Vance Astrovik role). It could be fun, but very unlikely.

I'm thinking that the Captain Marvel sequel is set in the past as well, and that Ronan will play a big role.

seclusion likes this.