1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, that's a lot of production, and surprise character at the end.

Thx for the trailer. And I learned how to embed a facebook vid from your post, cool.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I want to know how much Vin Diesel got paid for these movies.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The Guardians movies feel like the Fifth Element to me, except it was popular enough in theatres to warrant a sequel. I'm madly in love with the first one, and this one looks just as outstanding.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Slightly surprised that there isn't constant activity on this thread, especially since the release date IS LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY!

I'm hyped. Rotten Tomatoes, less so. But I'm hyped.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you mean about RT, it's got 40 votes in and is sitting at 90%

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

A couple of reviews (the "rotten" ones, at least) are basically saying it's not as good as the first or that they're reusing jokes. It's early, but I dunno if it'll surpass the "Wow, this unknown Marvel property is actually hella good" surprise factor of the first one. I'm still seeing it opening day, though!

I think people this time around, since they now have a benchmark to compare to, will be more critical.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

On rotten reviews, got to expect some of those as there is usually some truth to it in most sequels. Outside of Cap 2 and Cap 3, GotG 2 appears to be the highest rated sequel. For me, I'm very excited even if it isn't as good as original. The MCU appears to be getting better in my opinion (i.e. 5 of my favorite 7 movies from MCU have been in last 6).

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll be glad to see this sequel. I'll hope for the best, although I know the second go-round isn't like the first. My second time to New Orleans was still awesome but not like the first visit; the discovery phase is mostly gone. So it usually is with sequels. Tough to capture that magic again, unless you go in a different direction, like "The Empire Strikes Back" ("No; I am your father....sorry about that hand-chop thing, but you had it coming, son").

Mainly I'll be looking in GotG V2 for the threads that will tie in with other Marvel films, not to mention a ton of scenes during the credits (or so I've read).

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Expectations for GotG 2 are very high and think it may disappoint.

Chris Pratt didn't help things when he said it would be the "greatest movie in the history of movies".

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

just saw it...! i might just watch it again this week. very entertaining.

they tried a little too hard at times to incorporate their slapstick comedy into the film and it showed. it didn't have that epic feel with the villain, but at least it's a bit different than the generic final boss, because of who it was.

that ending tho... with that final song too. so much frucking feels. so much so the theater got really dusty and affected my eyes.

i thought the end credit scene would show us an avenger preview, but not so much. i guess if the guardian of the galaxy 3 comes out after infinity wars, then pretty much the main crew will survive the battle. which means cap, iron man, and everybody else will perish instead.

not sure if it's better than the first... but came very close. i'll have to chew on it a bit more.

highly recommendable!

go see it! like yesterday!

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm pumped. I thought dr strange was Meh but I. Can't imagine not liking this

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

How is everyone seeing it already

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

it came out much earlier in other parts of the world. i was on a mission last week and colleagues informed me that apparently the movie was out already. had to see it.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Why do they do that? I feel like if they do that for Infinity War or Justice League spoilers will get out of control

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

my assumption was something to do with preventing piracy. but that doesn't make any sense at all. therefore i am stupid.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol I've always wondered that, like in batman vs superman the reason they say they revealed doomsday in the last trailer is because they thought it would get leaked anyway. But as soon as you reveal doomsday then people kind of get the whole plot of the movie because obviously batman and superman put aside their differences to fight him. But it's kinda like why not just release on the same day...lol