1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The tiktok crowd would rather watch it on their phones than be tied to a movie theatre for 2 hours.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He already played someone in the MCU. Just sayin.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, well there are a lot of retreads in these comic book movies. Michael B Jordan, Ryan Reynolds, Michael Keaton, Chris Evans.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

But they are not retreads in the MCU.

All of those actors where not in the MCU before so that's a bit of a difference.

Not saying it can't be done but its not the same especially with Ragnarok being so recent.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Michael B jordan and Chris Evans arent?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

They were not in the MCU before.

Both were in FF movies by other studio's.

Not produced by Marvel the MCU.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

As a fan, I think I can look past Karl Urban being both Wolverine and Skurge within the same universe, especially if Urban just briefly cameos as an alternate-Wolverine. There will be memes aplenty, but I don't think it's thaaat bad.

If the MCU had a full-fledged Wolverine movie and went with Urban as the lead actor, then I'd be a little concerned.

Also, they could easily spin it as a plot device, since we are talking about a Doctor Strange movie with the word "madness" in the title.

Ziggy and jiggyfly like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My 'home theater' cost about half of what my iPhone cost. Low end 65-inch 4k dumb TV, LG sound bar, Xfinity box, Chromecast. Could I have spent 20x more? Sure, but what's the point when it's cartoons 97% of the time? Avengers still looks amazing to my non-AV-club eye.

9. Xerobull

More multiverse news...

EMILY BUNT RUMORED AS BLACK WIDOW FOR DOCTOR STRANGE 2
    Matt McGloin Posted: 10/03/2020 - 23:57 8 Comments

Emily Blunt happens to be rumored to play an alternate universe Black Widow in Doctor Strange 2 "In The Multiverse Of Madness."

Recall that back in January that it was reported that while filming Disney's Jungle Cruise that Emily Blunt talked with Marvel about something which was speculated to be Fantastic Four but now it's claimed it could be for Black Widow in Doctor Strange 2.

According to YouTuber Grace Randolph, Kevin Feige wants other actors to play different versions of The Avengers, but here is the kicker: Feige wants actors that were previously in talks for the original roles to play the new versions of The Avengers, so since Emily Blunt was at one time in talks to play the Scarlett Johansson Black Widow, that Feige now wants Emily Blunt to play the alternate universe Black Widow. The same applies to the other Avengers, such as Tom Cruise as Iron Man who was once up to play the version that Robert Downey Jr. made famous.

Interestingly enough, Blunt's husband, John Krasinski, another fan-favorite choice for the Fantastic Four, was once up to play Captain America.

It could also mean that Edward Norton could return as the Hulk.

Regarding Emily Blunt and Black Widow, she was actually the top choice to play the character for her debut in Iron Man 2, but prior to that she signed with Fox on The Devil Wears Prada where part of that contract gave Fox the option to feature Blunt in another movie, so when she was in talks for Iron Man 2, Fox optioned her for Gulliver's Travels, so she had a schedule conflict and was unable to do Iron Man 2, and the role went to Scarlet Johansson.

[​IMG]

Kevin Feige creating huge MCU Multiverse

Randolph also says that Feige is going to bring back Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man to be featured side-be-side Tom Holland, and also on his wishlist is for Hugh Jackman to return as Wolverine alongside The Avengers.

What appears to be happening is that the upcoming WandaVision series blows open the Multiverse, with the Tom Hiddleson Loki series also connecting, which leads to the "Spider-Verse" in Spider-Man 3 and culminates in Doctor Strange 2.

Marvel insiders also filled me in that the flick will feature versions of the Marvel Comics characters, such as the original Nick Fury from the comics.

Presently, it's unknown if Eternals, Shang-Chi, and Thor: Love and Thunder will play any part in the MCU Multiverse storyline, but since Eternals has already finished filming, maybe a post-credit scene can be thrown in to tease the Multiverse, and Shang-Chi is currently filming so they can always add something in, with Thor: Love and Thunder filming sometime next year.

Doctor Strange 2 has a March 25, 2022 release directed by Sam Raimi.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LOL Marvel so cheap and known for underpaying actors... This "multiverse" lowering that payscale bar even further.

Well Green Lantern pulled Deadpool off nicely...bwahahahahahaha

If I had one, I don't think I'd want my kid to have that in their room.

Just give him a twenty and let him roam around looking for a bum to buy a 12 pack and cigs.

#50 Invisible Fan, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Hard to believe they are bringing back Jaimie Fox. Regardless of his acting chops, that eel guy was one of the worst villains in the history of the universe. I don't mind Garfield coming back though. I liked him.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Interesante.

TWS1986 likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Feige might be feeling uber confident rn by dabbling into the multi-verse, something mainstream audiences usually groan and avoid.

Probably because he (mostly) pulled off time travel in Endgame without receiving any death threats for ruining a 10 year old buildup...

14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Damn. 2022 huh?

15. Xerobull

1.23 years away!

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is CUTE. But dumb. And unnecessary. Because it more or less equates to an inside joke. 99.999% of people don't know what actors were in TALKS to play superheroes a decade ago.

So...

What's the point? Just cast anyone. Tom Hanks as Apocalypse. Lulz. Done. NEXT.

17. Xerobull

I would say it's more than just a nod to nerds. If these actors were in serious talks, then it means they were considered good candidates to fill those roles at one point. Using known stars also calls out that they are 'other universe' characters more than, say, a RDJ lookalike.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not lookalikes. But I think ANY STARS would suffice. Tom Cruise for example. He doesn't have to play Iron Man for it to be FUN. He could easily play Nick Fury.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i hadn't realized that Sam Raimi was directing this. I wasn't all that excited about another Dr. strange at first. It's alright and all, but Sam brings some extra excitement. It's still criminal what Sony did to Raimi in spider-man 3 by forcing his hand to include characters. I cannot fathom the amount of incompetence and arrogance that it took for Sony to tell him how the movie and story should go after Sam created such a great world in 1 and 2. The dude made a movie about a hurricane and giant man eating crocodile entertaining.

Xerobull and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. Xerobull