1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movie] Black Panther

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's good and I enjoyed it but there are moments of being overly dramatic that just don't fit a marvel movie for me. Also very preachy at the end. But again, it was a fun movie that I plan on watching again when it streams. No spoilers but the women, spy/ex, sister, and chief, made the film for me. They were awesome and best part of the movie imo.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Would never embrace a comic hero being the face of a racist, essential terrorist group.
    Whatever intentions that group had from the start doesn’t mask what they actually are.

The message I got from the movie was to work together within all groups (black panther) instead of letting hatred consume and divide the population( killmonger)

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Too Short :(

seclusion likes this.
  4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're moving into D&D territory there, so I'll leave it at my last comment. We got the same message.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you’re right. Didn’t mean to.
    Really enjoyed movie.

seclusion likes this.
  6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Ah no. The movie opens in 1992 Oakland, CA. Now, exactly what also happened in CA in 1992? Jontro? Anyone?

In 1992, The six police officers who beat Rodney King were acquitted which triggered six days of rioting. This incident plus the fact that he was left orphaned and abandoned in the US led him to want to exact revenge on both the US and Wakanda. His CIA exploits further radicalized him into wanting retribution for all of the sufferring caused at the hands of the "colonials" who had exploited black people. It was his rage at the mistreatment of his people and the desire for revenge on the homeland that abandoned him that proved to be all consuming and ultimately led to his demise. Had nothing to do with Huey P Newton, Bobby Seale and the 60s Panther Party.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

James Harden Wakandan spy confirmation:eek:

Jontro and mrm32 like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

I watched Civil War again, and I liked it more knowing who this Black Panther is, why the Wakandians dying was important, and so good job marvel. love it when a movie allows you to backtrack and you learn more the second time you watch it. Briliant. I still get confused when I see the black lady confront the Iron man about the death of her son, thinking first that she is the woman who is running the suicide squad, which would have been bad assed, but second, too bad she's not, and then second, thinking her son is somehow important, but it doesn't appear he is. Still though, love that the movies are willing to take some chances like dumping in Wankandians when it might not make sense until a movie or two later

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Vibranium is what gives him his powers.

DreamShook and Jontro like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Donald Glover might be too talented.. His Gematria Score must be 33.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

She's also Cottonmouth's sister in Luke Cage, only slightly confusing. ;)

Oh, also it's Wakandan.

LMAO

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Blurr#7 likes this.
  14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Just a tad bit overrated

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I thought it was above average. Really felt like they de-powered Black Panther with this movie after initially seeing him in Civil War but then again he was fighting fresh off seeing his dad die in CW.

I thought the FBI agent was useless and so was the guy from “Get out”.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Actually, for a movie of this scale and with this type of budget and intent to reach the masses and not just a niche audience; the fact that it has an entirely black cast makes this a VERY special movie.

seclusion and Sajan like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's just where we differ, I don't think that the racial composition (or gender composition for that matter) of the cast of a movie can possibly be something that makes a movie special. I tend to focus entirely on merit rather than those factors.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Gotcha, colonizer.

Lol

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My favorite comic book movie since Nolan's Batman series. I really enjoyed it.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It was good, not great. 7/10. I had no problem with the plot but didn't care about the characters or their motivations. Don't see what the big deal was about the villain. Cap 2: Winter Soldier is still my favorite Marvel movie.

dmoneybangbang likes this.