1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 12, 2018.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chad Boseman was great but this is a comic book character with a long history of it's own. I don't see a problem with recasting. Given that it's also a title and not a person you could rewrite the story as another person stepping into the role whether it's Shuri or a male character.

I would delay the next Black Panther for awhile. Give a mourning period for Boseman. Maybe do another Avengers and put in a scene with T'Challa dying. Since most of the action is in a suit where you can't see his face probably wouldn't be too difficult. Then reboot the franchise with a new actor.

STR8Thugg and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Supposedly he was a very, very private man. Those that did know were loyal to him and had financial reasons to keep it quiet.

3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think people would.

Xerobull likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How does killing of T'Challa with cancer check the SJW boxes?

What does SJW have to do with any of this?

Reeko, jchu14 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I think once again we are giving a coupleof people on twitter to much Power, BP was just replaced in the last movie for a short while and the BP powers are passed on.

It's really not that big a deal but it will be interesting if black comic bros have an issue with Shuri getting those powers.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Go **** yourself.

Xerobull and Xenon like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sounds like he thought he could beat it too.

Invisible Fan, Jontro and Nook like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A Trumpturd's thinking. Dude, Shut up.

Xerobull likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We're in a hyper-sensitive everything-means-everything era. By killing off T'Challa, Marvel pays the actor tribute. Then they bring in a different character to take on the mantle of BP. It was suggested in the article I linked.

Not trying to be insensitive here by any means. It's super sad.

What exactly has you so triggered? Tell me more...

[​IMG]

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

any other white actor i would probably have a problem with, but honestly, i think if anyone can pull it off, tom could.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Last Black Panther, starring Tom Cruise.

I'd see it.

jiggyfly, arkoe, JumpMan and 3 others like this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Knowing how hurt all of his castmates were, including Michael B. Jordan, I think they could do an amazing Tribute to the OG Black Panther, with Killmonger learning from his mistakes and becoming the new Black Panther.

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm kind of on board with the idea one of the ladies taking the mantle. I don't know enough about the comic books to know if it ever happened, but the one bald warrior lady seems like a good choice since she worked closely with the Avengers when everyone else was snapped or whatever. Or his sister, if they have to be part of the royal family, who is a pretty great character (although she's seems a little more of a "Q" type character supplying the equipment).

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm ok with killmonger taking the mantle, that would be awesome. he fights better than t'challa and only lost due to inexperience with that magnet stuff.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I read a story recently that the super feminist direction Disney was taking was hurting their brands (especially Star Wars) and that they were going to go back to their roots.

I honestly don't care what sex a hero is as long as they're bad-ass and fit the role. But I think the BP mantle is tied to the Wakanadan royal line and agree that Shuri (sister) is a little too nerdy to take on the role. But in both cases they can just re-write it all, it's comics. Also, Okoye (bald chick) would be great but she's not royalty (again, could be written as a distant cousin or something).

My gut still tells me Killmonger due to MBJ's lauded role as the villain in the first movie and his star status.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shiri is the Black Panther in Marvel Comics
    This already happened

[​IMG]

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Shuri will be the new BP they need to figure out a way to undead Kilmonger with some Magic Black as he was a great character/ villain and stole a lot of scenes. Bald Bad b**** should get the role though.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

What do you mean "if anyone can pull it off, Tom could."
    [​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I think the horrible writing of Star Wars hurt them far more than the feminist direction. Captain Marvel was their most feminist movie and it did pretty well.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This still doesn't explain what SJW has to do with this.

Why would any SJW have a dog in this fight?

Maybe if they tried to replace him with a white actor you might have a point but I don't understand why you think replacing T'Challa has anything to with Social Justice.

This is more of a fanboy issue.