1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Finally saw it. Thought it was B+.

You take away the most interesting/important chess piece from Googler and he still found a way to make a good movie without it. It's like JVG taking the 8th seed Knicks without their star player to the NBA Finals.

People often complain about the WOMEN - girl power theme. Whatever. The truth is, Angela Bassett, Lupita & even Okoye act circles around Chadwick (as BP specifically, not including all his movies) and Michael B Jordan (as Killmonger). Do NOT @ me.

Riri Williams was shoehorned in. I'm fine with her as a scientist in it, but no need to get her IN ACTION so soon. I like the take on her character a lot. But they forced too much too soon.

Namor - great. The rest of his people = kind of hard to buy visually. You have this cinematically strong movie then you have people riding whales - it's a bit jarring. The ship fight scene - kind of just ridiculous looking. But... what are you gonna do I guess - you gotta sell a Lego set or whatever. The water world did look better than DC's water world stuff IMO.

I liked the vengeance consuming theme and revisitation. You forget Tchalla struggled with the same stuff and overcame it whereas his brother did not. Star Wars dark/light force vibes.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m not sure sexy is what they were going for in that movie to be fair.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Just saw the movie. It was okay, but I’m fapping to Lupita tonight. She fine

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

Visually shot well.
    Evoked the feels early but went downhill from there.
    disjointed plot. kept cutting randomly between scenes. I honestly didn’t care for any of the characters.
    wouldn’t watch again.

Andre0087 and Jontro like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Watched it on D+. It was fine. Worth a watch, but won't be watching it again. Angela Bassett was great. The actress who plays Shuri is ok. Daniel Kaluuya being MIA makes no sense in the movie. I know why - in real life - he wasn't in it, but it didn't make sense in the movie itself.

Iron Heart's suit looked dumb, but maybe that's intentional in that each suit will improve.

Overall Coogler did the best he could with the hand he was dealt. Putting the acting burden on Bassett was definitely the right call, much like he did in the first BP by putting having MBJ carry it as much as possible.

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought it was good. Emotionally draining for the first half. While intentional, it felt like a complete movie by itself...
    Angela Bassett had some gripping and juicy scenes. Even when it made sense to use the role a stepping stone, you really didn't want it to happen.

Namor actor was charismatic but the role was a bit erratic. He had the upper hand for most of the movie but frequently gave it up because their ancestral races were oppressed? A stretch when the merfolk hate land walkers more.

Riri felt shoehorned in and her suit looks like a Gundam. Helping out with wakandan defenses displays her genius level intellect? I guess her development already cut into the pacing of the first half. Maybe Ironheart would've been a better intro but without movie visibility, the show wouldn't be able to grab enough interest...

I'm not an instant fan of Okoye's suit but maybe it's because I'm so used to her well designed outfit from before and the cgi transition is jarring.

Post credits was a nice final piece for the movie.

boomboom likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

saw this in theaters, don't remember much about what happened. at one point i walked out to make pp and decided to stay out a bit longer and browsed thru my phone and checked out cf.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

……I just want Marvel to be fun again.

DreamShook and mikol13 like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

just shut it down and animate everything like the spiderverse.

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

If you say so

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Would you want the same animation style as the spiderverse...or something else?

Jontro likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

should have done this post end game. that way no need to worry about actors dying, getting older, or getting too expensive. you can even hire the same voice actor to play 4-5 diff characters like in family guy. monies saved.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

New MCU story: Kang and Namor team up to commit violence against all the Marvel female characters because they've become enamored with Andrew Tate.

Boom. Now we finally have our next Thanos-level threat.

Jontro and Ziggy like this.
  14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Why stop there? Just have AI create everything, no need for humans to be involved, only way to guarantee no human misconduct.

robbie380 likes this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Hey fellow Marvel fans,

I recently embarked on a fascinating journey with an AI tool that has generated an extraordinary new Marvel Universe storyline - a fusion of cutting-edge technology and good old comic book lore. I thought I'd share the interesting concepts it proposed, though, remember, this is all hypothetical!

In this novel narrative, we see Black Panther and Kang the Conqueror taking the central stage, but with a peculiar twist. They aren't pitted against each other or the usual Avengers team. Instead, the AI storyline weaves a tale where our male protagonists, under the influence of a yet-unknown cosmic entity, find themselves in conflict with the powerful women of the Marvel Universe.

This AI-scripted story commences with Kang and Black Panther crossing paths in a quantum time anomaly. The cosmic entity controlling them manipulates their minds, creating an illusion that the female Marvel characters are the main instigators of a universal catastrophe. This storyline, while it could be contentious, is purely theoretical and serves to showcase the versatile storytelling abilities of AI.

The AI also offers an insightful exploration of each female Marvel character's abilities and unique traits. This storyline gives us an opportunity to appreciate characters like Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Shuri, Valkyrie, and many more in fresh light, emphasizing their strength and resilience in a battle against two incredibly powerful opponents.

The AI-created narrative masterfully handles the struggle of Black Panther and Kang, where they battle their inner demons while trying to figure out the truth. It carefully balances the line between character development, emotion, and high-stakes action, giving us a glimpse of what AI can achieve in storytelling.

Now, it's crucial to note here that this is an AI's conception, not an official MCU announcement. We shouldn't forget the principles of inclusivity and equality that Marvel stands for. This AI-generated plotline doesn't endorse any form of gender-based animosity but seeks to provide an intriguing twist to our well-known characters, showcasing their dynamics in a hitherto unseen scenario.

Thoughts? Do share how you would envisage this hypothetical storyline!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gpt4 is better at bullshiting mad-libbed prompt cues. Its like dusk and day.

But yeah, this one got the MCU formula down pat. :D

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

AI wouldn't be able to make those Across the Spiderverse movies. not yet anyway