1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marquese Chriss is the biggest scrub in the league.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Astrodome, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Two reasons.

1. Dantoni is requiring his players to play defense if they want minutes(atleast thats what he says in press conferences). Chriss proved himself incapable of balancing that efficiently. With the Cavs, all he has to worry about is the offensive side and so he can excel there. Plus he only has to 'kinda sorta' hustle on one side of the floor.

2. Pressure. Dantoni wants his players to feel they have the freedom to take their shots without criticism.. however, our team does have the expectation to win. It's why many players with good free throw percentages seem to choke on their free throws in key moments.. pressure. There is no pressure to win with the Cavs, there is no pressure that each possession has value. Without any pressure you'd be amazed how many players can look good. Tanking teams are designed like this, to make players that suck look like assets for trade. Go pick your scrub, whatever scrub you want that's given minutes and look at how they perform on bad teams compared to how they perform on good teams.... and behold there you'll see why Chriss 3 point % has drastically changed.

Offensively his numbers are looking good, but Chriss isn't playing good for the Cavs. Guy has already been the subject to multiple posterizers. His defense has been atrocious there.

#101 Realjad, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    topfive likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Lol what, this guy can play? What are coaches doing??

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Don’t care about Chriss really.

But good for him that he’s finding some success.

topfive, JuNx and bilaal14 like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It’s nothing like a warm up 3.

Warm up shots you get in rhythm because you are being fed the ball at a steady rate and in rythm. I’m not going to absolve Harden’s teammates but I don’t think the way the team plays helps others get involved.

I don’t think it’s s coincidence that when guys first get here they tend to be hot and then as time goes on they usually regress.

It’s a trend. Could be energy from joining a new team as well. But we’ve seen it over and over again here.

I was a huuuge Ryno detractor and I still am but there I think there was truth in what he said in that it was harder on him in an iso heavy offense.

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Dantoni is too old to give these youngings a chance. And this team including the Gm and coach have proven they cant recognize good talent. Chriss is one that should have been kept to be developed. Morey is trash.

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Its just one game on a garbage team...plzzzzzzz

AroundTheWorld and topfive like this.
  7. MC31B

MC31B Member

Other than trez, who are you mad that he didn't play? If you watched Chris get pt for the Rockets at all then you would know that he jogged up the court and played no help defense. It was like watching carmelo without the jump shot.