1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marlins @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 12, 2005.

1. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Luckily the Marlins do not have the gift of reverse pshycology like the Astros do.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Now that's the type of win I wanted to see. Not Clemens bringing the best stuff of his career, throwing a no-hitter in a 1-0 win. But Clemens, hurting physically and emotionally, throwing his heart out for his mother and laboring at times to get through the game. Yet there they were, finally, after so many failed attempts, his teamates - the offense, the bats - come alive and pick him up for once...and carry him to the win. That's awesome.

3. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

What a game, Clemens just gave it his all, this guy is amazing!! I cant tell you how good it was for this team to respond tonite for Roger, especially how they had not been scoring runs for him at all this year. Great win, thoughts and prayers for Roger and lets go at em tommorrow. We got Lefty going and we are right back in it.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah, too bad the season ended the night before. Otherwise, I'd be pumped about being only 1/2 game out.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If you look at the loss column (which is the only thing that matters)... we're tied right now.

The worst we can be after tonight is 1 back in the loss column, and with Pettite on the mound... I'm pretty confident that we can pull this one out.

Thus, going into the final 2 weeks of the season, we can be essentially tied for the wild-card lead... thus, controlling our own destiny. Frankly, we could not ask for much more given the makeup of this team, its injuries, and the way we started off the season.

#185 Nick, Sep 15, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  6. MadMax

wait, you didn't hear? the season ended roughly a month ago with a random loss one night to a team i can't remember. it ended again two nights ago. it keeps ending. if we lose tonight, it will end again. stay tuned for more details.

7. Fatty FatBastard

All Star lead?

(quiet... he's on a roll)

8. TigerBait

What are the update folks'? How is Willy looking? And could we perhaps see Gipson or Bags in the lineup tonight. :cool:

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

My bad... its been changed.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

One of the best scenes in Animal House.

I can't believe the Philies are going for the 4 game sweep of the Braves tonight! :eek:

11. TigerBait

Gipson to start. Willy says that he's still unable to throw because of those stitches on his fingertip.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

ok. let's go out and get a single this inning, just to scare 'em.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

There ya go! Nice Bruntlet!

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

holy cow

hope everyone is OK

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Now Everett is down... this team is just snakebit.

EDIT: Looks like he'll stay in the game... but he's not gonna be feeling good in the morning.

Also, with the Phillies losing, if the Astros win tonight, they'll re-take the wild card lead by one game in the loss column.

AUSMUS!

#195 Nick, Sep 15, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

AUSMOSIS!!!! WOOO!!!!

17. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pettite is freaking awesome... since we win almost every game he starts, I'm gonna say he's our true "ace".

19. MadMax

remember the night before last when the season was over, again? that was awesome.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

yep yep.

We just split the series with our biggest competitor for the playoffs (I'm not counting the Phillies... far too streaky).

So... the season may have just re-started... but will likely be over again after we lose a game to the Brewers.