1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris signs with OKC.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 14, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

His defense is bad, moving on. I knew that thread that he was signing here was bull.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Right we don't know the details . If it was for the vet minimum then yea hand me a pitchfork too but a lot of these kneejerk reactions need a nice lather of vagisil on it

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

@HP3 that was Codman pretty much saying he will be a Rocket. His out is "promised to me" so all he has to say he is that he has a "bad ear" or that presti "burned me again."

That being said, I do think Cod has friends around the league. I do believe in his friendship with Nene. I'm not sure, but I think he is either friends with coaches on the NCAA level or he himself used to be a coach on the NCAA level.

Codman isn't reliable, but I don't think he's a liar. There's a difference. If anything he can tell you which player is being shopped, but not where the player will land.

--------------------------------
    I'm so mad we didn't get Kieff though... it frustrates me so much. I have no idea who we can sign that will help us out now. JaMychal Green could still get bought out maybe. Ugh.

TheRealAllpro and HP3 like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

already answered a few posts above..

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

No but it's from someone trying to be sensible and rational while this bored goes into mayhem over every little thing.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

No worries. Wait till CC comes back. Everything will be fine.

Morey is playing chess ...

LOL.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Clutch is really quick to shut down anyone who posts fake inside info and as consistently as Codman has done it he would have taken action on it. I dont recall him openly coming out and saying anything, I dont recall that for any of the other posters for that matter but if they keep posting its more of a sign of tacit approval from Clutch.

As for DocRocket he stopped posting because so many people started to attack him and his post because some of the things he posted did not come true. Doc also posted far more cryptically than @Codman ever did. Both have to post cryptically because this board has gotten so large and the internet has made the world so small that if someone was just said in plain sight then it could potentially sabotage a deal.

But like I say with all people who post here, not just insiders, if you dont care for their posts then you can always ignore or block them. You may not like a poster or a type of post but others here may feel differently. Change your settings so your clutchfans bbs experience is tailored to your tastes and needs.

slothy420, Deuce, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would give him immediate starter at PF and he might extend his time beyond this year. Tucker to SF. Maybe you are right and D'Antoni would not give him either.

Do you think Pat-Pat gets the boot?
    Last time I looked the Thunder were in financial Hell. Patrick Paterson is still with them right?

9. steddinotayto

There's also an easier option too and that's just to not follow this team if it's causing some people this much angst and anger.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Just bring back Daniel House and Rob Gray.

11. thekad

thekad Member

Yes, posting cryptically is necessary otherwise someone really plugged in could figure out Twin means Markieff Morris.

Lol.

1Deep, jcf and CHI like this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

How about the fact that have had better records than OKC over the last 4 years and have been deeper in the playoffs.

How do you figure that they are a better franchise?

Isn't it wins that matter?

13. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

why does the garm critisize players after morey fails to sign them. And we overhype bums like shumpert just because morey trades for them. Remmeber everybody though signing nene and cp3 to those contracts were good deals. But i hated those contracts

Morey can do no wrong in a lot of posters eyes. We needed a backup big in the worst way, and depending on a 40 year old Nene going into the season was just plain stupid. We let go of stakskus who we could really use right now

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

F*** You Morey!!!!!!!

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Reading this thread you'd think we just missed out on Michael Jordan.

We'll see how this ages.

16. biff17

biff17 Member

But his defense is bad and I wanted to sign him.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What leverage? There is zero chance they go into the luxury tax for House.

Nook likes this.
  18. TimV

TimV Member

It is a huge mistake to make assumptions about the Thunder's finances. Clearly, they are not nearly as concerned about their luxury tax bill as the internet assumes they should be. Nothing they have done over the past 2 years would at all suggest any worry on their part (max to PG3, resigned Grant, signed PPat for two years, signed Felton as a 3rd PG, willing to pick up Schroder's salary in the Melo dump). Even simply waiving Abrines last week guaranteed they would need to sign another player, to meet minimum player numbers and thus increased their luxury tax. They could have just paid him not to play for the next three months as they didn't need his roster space.

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL!

Nook likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ask Morey. He came up with big claims before the February 7th deadline, not to waste Harden's prime.