1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris signs with OKC.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 14, 2019.

1. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

Yep. And he fooled all of us thinking that he would do whatever it takes to win a championship. But in the end, it's all about the money...

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So if OKC had the mle to offer Morris and we only had the vet mins it's still the owner's fault?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Was a bit concerned about his neck . . .

Rocket River

slothy420, Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

He has gotten things right in the past but again these are ridiculously fluid things that 99.9% of us do not have any additional info on. Maybe yesterday Kieff was going to sign here but something could have easily changed. OKC could have promised him significantly more playing time, maybe he was upset at how the Rockets played the Wolves (probably not), maybe the Rockets got intel about another player that will be bought out soon that they would prefer to sign, plenty of things can go wrong from the time when someone hears a whisper about a possibility to actual fruition. For example Cod had been pretty spot on about the Green/Temple trade with Memphis until it fell apart at the last minute with Miami and Memphis and even Tilman hinted as such. It sucks but its the truth.

I just really dislike when everyone tries to bash on the few insiders we do have. Everyone is always hoping the insiders post but then bash them when what they say do not come true. Guys like Woj, Shams I am sure hear all sorts of potentials and what ifs but they do not run with until until 100% true and there is a reason for that.

slothy420, Deuce, IvanLCPM and 12 others like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

"you can find another Harden but you can't find another Morey"

-Morey Fans

adw and pippendagimp like this.
  6. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

You're not misremembering. I never post inside information. I tell exactly who gives me the information.

I work in the hotel industry at a corporate level, and occasionally I'll meet with sports teams (and any other organization that requires housing). So, sometimes I'll have conversations over lunch or dinner with people who work for the teams.

A few weeks ago, I had dinner with people from the Wizards and they mentioned that the Rockets asked about Ariza and Beal. This isn't inside information. I tell exactly where it comes from.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

@ch44 is who you’re thinking of - I think

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

@275#s?

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And Russ. What Russ will play in the p/o's?

10. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Codman isn't an insider though. Clutch has actually cosigned insiders here before. He has cosigned Popeye, etc. He hasn't with Cod.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we have most of our MLE intact still unused

Gray_Jay and BigShasta like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I believe Clutch also confirmed DocRocket at some point. Hmm...just realized that user is completely gone? :confused:

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Surprised Harden hasn’t for a trade. If I’m Harden I’m heading to PHX

14. vick

vick Member

Is that you Morey?

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, no disrespect to him, but I’ve been wondering the same thing for quite a long time. He’s treated as being very legit on here tho, so I guess I must have missed most of the things he’s hit on.

CHI likes this.
  16. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

A
    at least the fans ain’t getting cheated out from the teaming trying to compete at the highest level there is. If they lose at least they can say they tried to get the best team to compete for the championship. If Houston Loses, us fans will know that they didn’t even try to get a squad together good enough to compete. I would feel better losing to the warriors knowing we put together the best team we could.. now comes the “what if we would’ve gotten x players, man we prob could’ve beaten the warriors” but we don’t get that cuz of cheap owner

malakas likes this.
  17. TimV

TimV Member

Thunder have $4.5 million of the MLE left. Rockets have $3.9. Not sure that would have made a difference unless they desperately hope to use some of that on House.

And not sure the Thunder even paid that.

18. Nook

Nook Member

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Signing buyouts? This finna be abreeze!

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How much of it do we have left?