1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris signs with OKC.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Feb 14, 2019.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

They are a small market that are going for it all now. Doesn’t mean that they plan on sustaining that spending spree
    course. Now that I’m home I looked up their stars on my iPad. They are at approximately $145 million.

$147 million for next season with 11 players. Usually you bring in a player of position then you send out a player of that same position; but they might cut loose Felton if they need to create a space.
    https://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/oklahoma-city-thunder

You can assume they will take the luxury tax by the horns now and for the next few years.....I assume they won’t. That’s the same team that moved Harden to stay safe. They could have sent Ibaka out sooner
    or amnestied Kendrick Perkins to keep Harden. Now they are big spenders?

2. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

D-House and bring Capella back, we don’t need no Morris.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

LMAO this is bad. Bad bad bad.

4. MC31B

MC31B Member

So basically instead we are probably getting some euro tweener none of us have ever heard of...

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Heart breaking. Tucker needs help in the worst way. There was no buyout candidate that fit us better than Markieff Morris. Let's hope somebody else shakes loose.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Thunder have better chance to win second round than Rockets. They don't give up 3rd seed easily.

They add Andre Roberson and Morris.

7. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

James Dolan 2.0

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The Rockets are not getting the 4th seed let alone the 3rd seed. OKC, GSW, Portland and Denver are all considerably better than Houston. If Houston gets matched up with any of them I don't see them winning that series. Especially OKC and GSW

Little Bit likes this.
  9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Morey needs to be on the next flight to Africa.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

patterson doesnt do really do anything well including defense. they had been trying to get an upgrade over him. they tried to trade him for tolliver but the wolves turned it down. he averages 4 and 2...... he is not a good player. he will no longer see the floor, thats a big upgrade.

tillman and morey need to be drawing up some paperwork for house. enough of the BS cheapskate antics!

HP3 likes this.
  11. Denovo

Denovo Member

You’re joking right? Portland and Denver are great matchups for us when healthy. We’ll struggle against OKC and GS.

Portland!?! Portland ain’t sh*t lol. All the injuries and fluke losses and we’re one game behind them. Lol..

Portland...

Richie_Rich and steddinotayto like this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm not worried. We have House and Vince Edwards locked up.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This team wont lock down consistently enough to beat Portland or Denver. Portland will crush us on the boards as well. We were having some trouble there even with Clint. This teams just doesn't give you much faith with their effort.

14. pass_to_Hakeem

I’m quite sure he’s been told to keep still by “newb” owner TF. Thisjtnisnt owning and running a restaurant or hotel chain and I think TF and all of us are seeing this now. I seriously miss Less

HP3 likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Man, freebirds!

Man, ears!

Man, I don't have the same circle Cyber does.

Man, I just gave you 80% of the next 100 Codman posts

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Stopped on the 2-yd line again.

17. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Now for some reason i think Markieff sux.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Markieff wasn't the answer to our problems so I'm not heartbroken. I would have liked to have had him, though.

We have been weak at PF since we lost Scola. Weird how we've been unable to address that one position.

We move on though. Let us take solace in the fact that Tilman won't have to pay the luxury tax, and that we were the team fortunate enough to sacrifice our cap so the player's union president could still hold clout with his peers.

Also, on a serious note, we get to watch Harden. He is awesome. FO may have fudged up by locking down an aged (no longer "aging"; he is just "aged"), injury prone, 50* games per season guy during Harden's prime, but we still get to watch and enjoy that prime.

* for those 50 games he will be at or near 100% healthy maybe half the time

19. dmoneybangbang

Sucks, but OKC is clicking and we aren't.

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

sign zach Randolph