1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris likes Houston as a possible new destination.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Aug 13, 2015.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Defends, rebounds, hits threes. Rasheed Wallace

CHEAP. 8 million a year for his skillset is a steal...

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

His defense sucks.

He gets 6 rebounds per game.

He shot under 32% from 3 the last 2 years.

Not Rasheed Wallace.

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Do not want. Although the contract is good.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why?

Tell him we already traded his brother away.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Bottom line: impossible to get him until December. And he will have been traded by then.

6. PeppermintCandy

From the highlight videos, he seems good at playing without the ball, rolling to the basket and getting into position for the easy shot. He might be a good complement to Lawson.

And adding his midrange shot along with Lawson's proficiency from the midrange distance, the offense might look very different from last season.

Regardless, something about the guy tells me he won't work out.

7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bad! I'm an idiot. I did not notice that this ranking was by position....embarrassing....well, I'd still rather have James Harden as my PF than Anthony Tolliver!!! haha

9. malakas

malakas Member

I agree that this stat shows nothing much. It has Mirotic at 1.75 DRPM supposedly the mark of a good defender. :rolleyes:
    Dmo has 1.13 DRPM.
    Mirotic is a liabillity in defence , too slow laterally and one of the best targets for the opposing teams to abuse in the pick and roll.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You ****ing do this Trade. He's a legit playoff starting PF and has a cheap contract.

Morey has to find a way.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Morey has a way, but do you REALLY want to do it THIS trade once you actually know "Morey's way"???

-Ariza for Morris

or

-D-Mo, Jones, & Dekker for Morris

????

That's pretty much it (unless you want to trade Harden for him), unless he gets waived and stretched which will not happen.

If you understand the rules of trades under the current CBA, then it puts a new light on whether or not you should want this trade to be done. The whole "Morey will find a way" mantra is a tad bit lazy because we are all given the tools to figure out what trades can and cannot happen. Morey isn't a wizard who can circumvent the rules of the CBA.

In a vacuum.... SURE. Let's trade a 2nd round pick for him. In the real world, Markieff Morris costs... ALOT, and there is no guarantee the team gets any better giving up what they are giving up to get him. Then you add in the off the court stuff and its a no-brainer in the other direction.

1 person likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Morey would be insane to make those deals, in my humble opinion, and Daryl doesn't strike me as needing a padded cell. Completely agree. I'll pass.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is this attitude around here (dare I say spoiled attitude?), where its easy for us as fans to say "Morey can make it happen", and then when it doesn't happen get angry about it. All the while, we can do the homework ourselves to find out exactly how it would have had to happen.

Morey is a genius in my book, but he's not Neo bending the laws of the matrix. (tried to make a better sci fi movie reference but that's the best I could get)

14. Mr Chuck Norris

Kieff would be our pick and pop option we've been missing in this offense. I feel like the same people who are underestimiating how good Ty Lawson is are the same people underestimating Kieff. If anything he'll be no worse than Smoove was. Smoove had the Defense and Passing, Kief has the shooting and and scoring ability.

GS blow teams out because they have scoring off the bench. All we have right now as a consistent scorer off the bench is Marcus Thornton, MAAAYBE Brewer, Kieff will just add to that. BTW 76% from the FT line.....

15. Vivid

Vivid Member

Defense isn't as good, but the other stats are identical. Rasheed averaged 13 and 5 in his 4th season. He is a career 6 rpg and 32% 3 point shooter. That seems pretty close to Markieff's stats. Fun fact, draft express said "Rasheed without the crazy" was a best case scenerio for Markieff. I agree they are different players, but it isn't because of 3pt shooting or rebounds.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nah, Wallace was an all-star caliber PF that was elite in the post. Not even close.

D Mo is more like Rasheed lol

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought Dmo was the black Hakeem?

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think people who compare Markieff to Rasheed didn't see Rasheed play.

Also... Rasheed was born about 15 years too early. He would be an even better player in today's league.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thought Sheed was pretty good down low and borderline elite from downtown as a big man, played some great defense at times.

Not sure why they think Markieff is like him, and wasn't Sheed more like 6'11 and Markieff is closer to 6'9 or 6'10ish..... like his brother?

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree with all you said except this. Even with Markieff it wouldn't be too hard to open up cap space. Assuming we can re-sign Howard to a starting salary of 20 million, the only moves big moves we would have to make is dealing Bev and Brewer. Which should be fairly easy considering their contracts, the cap jump and how many teams will have cap space looking to load up.