1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Jackson announcing our strategy to the world

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets25, May 21, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, maybe in his daily life/the owners etc... But he still calls for the Warriors pretty favorably.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Why would McHale tell the refs?

3. Flop

Flop Member

If you look at boguts ft numbers, the smart thing to do is foul him in that situation. Mchale might have informed them so that they would look for it because there was only 23 seconds left to do it and it was rcokets ball.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Hey I was watching on ESPN and Mark Jackson said that he overheard that McHale is going to foul Bogut so sub him out."

As a coach, would you really trust that info? Not only is it coming from someone beneath your position, but it's also info coming from Mark Jackson.

And, as Kerr, how are you going to explain your decision to your players and asst coaches? "Well, my father-in-law is watching on TV right now, and he said that he heard Mark Jackson talking about blah blah blah." You'd have to be a shat NBA coach to not be able to make your own decision.

Take your tinfoil hat off. There's no conspiracy here.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It's common practice to tell the refs when you are going to intentionally foul someone. The reason for doing so could be:

a) the coach is worried about whether the refs will call an aggressive intentional foul; or
    b) the coach wants the other team to adjust to their strategy of intentionally fouling someone, potentially by pulling a player

Speculation...

6. Flop

Flop Member

Wow, really? I need a tinfoil hat to think the warriors gm or the owner isnt watching the game at home and doesnt have a direct line to the coach?

7. Flop

Flop Member

Juxta never watched a football game in his life.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I just don't buy this theory of how that sequence played out. You really do come off crazy here (I'm not trying to be insulting, because sometimes the crazy sounding theory is the correct one). Maybe you're right...I don't know now. I feel like I'm going crazy.

9. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Definite shenanigans.

10. Farhan583

Farhan583 Member

I can't believe that I am dignifying this thread by responding, but do you realize how absurd this is? There's a 30 to 45 second delay between what happens at the arena and what is showing on TV. I've heard some wack conspiracy theories on here but this is probably one of the craziest.

You know maybe the Warriors' owner was sitting at home just waiting and hoping that Mark Jackson, the guy he hated and recently fired, would drop him some information to help his team win. Or maybe the coach of the year actually did something smart because, you know, he's the coach of the year