1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban vs Chris Broussard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea pretty bad look for Doc Rivers (A fellow coach/GM) to be there sitting with him the whole time and not advise him to at least give a courtesy call either.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Multiple sauces on the floor.

3. StraightG

StraightG Member

You can't make a grown man to do anything. You can try to convince him or plead with him, but you can't "make" him do anything he doesn't want to do.

Poor Mavs...I guess. But, "it's a business," right? Isn't that what GMs say when they trade and cut players which, sometimes, causes friction in their lives. If its a business when owners/GMs make decisions (sometimes morally questionable) in their best interests, then it's a business when players do it.

4. micah1j

micah1j Member

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

I just can't give any respect to a "man" who doesn't honor his word. Think about the consequences before you agree verbally. That's all. Although I'm disgusted by this kind of behavior, I'm actually happy that it happened. It will ensure that CP3 will never have a ring. DJ is simply not good enough and his monster deal will effectively block the Clippers from signing any truly meaningful players. Balmer may be ready to go deep into red, but they simply can't clean any cap room for top tier players because CP3 and Griffin are already there.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Broussard needs to tweet out, "you see what had happened was" and then delete his account

1 person likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

DeAndre and Doc look like total douches in this whole ordeal. It's one thing to be unsure of your decision....it's a complete other thing to not even have the respect to call back the man who's offering you $80,000,000 to play for his team. I've always thought Doc was smarmy and conceited, but now you can add underhanded and unethical to that list. Given how he left Boston, I guess it's not that surprising.

And also, what kind of person would you have to be to give Chris Broussard ANY kind of info?? Seriously, why would ANYBODY want to one of his "multiple" sources?? What a joke of a reporter. He really couldn't deduce that Cuban would have about 15 different ways to obtain DeAndre's address without having to beg his family members for it?

8. hlcc

hlcc Member

Broussard's BS don't even make any logical sense. Why would Cuban have the phone # to multiple Jordan family members but not his address.

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

Your right, if a man doesn't want to honor his word, you can't make him.

I'm not worried about the Mavs and I'm not a fan of that team, never was. However, Mark Cuban is a virtuoso to create a team from nothing. I'd never underestimate him regardless of his "slightly" extreme character. He may take the other way around and tank to get a high lottery pick (haven't even checked if they have it), but that's not very interesting.

I had high hopes that the Clippers would become the leading team in LA after Balmer took over the team from his nut case predecessor. That seems not to be the case, so let's wait for the Lakers recovery (no hurry there either).

10. hakeemthagreat

Not understanding all the Broussard hatred, especially when idiots like Bill Simmons are praised. Oh well:rolleyes:

11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Bill Simmons has multiple NBA sources. Broussard has multiple sauces that he cooks up in his fantasy world.

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

Simmons writes opinion pieces, Broussard gives out false rumors and hides behind his sauces even when he is clearly proven wrong

easy to see why one is hated over the other

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How much does multiple sauces make?

14. NotChandlerParsons

Bill Simmons doesn't make a bunch of **** up. I don't know who exactly is praising him other than Boston fans, but I don't find the fact that ESPN employed him deplorable.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

How can you not understand the Broussard hatred after the way he spun all the drama with Dwight Howard a couple of years ago?? Between him and Ramona Shelburne, they single-handedly killed Dwight's reputation without any kind of evidence that what they were saying was true. Broussard is doing the exact same **** here. He has no credibility whatsoever.

16. malakas

malakas Member

even comparing Simmons with Broussard is ridiculous.

17. malakas

malakas Member

add to that and the head of the player union, Chris Paul. It will be very interesting to see what happens.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I knew I had that guy on ignore for a reason

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I have a feeling that DJ is going to have a press conferences or interview and provide a whole lot more information than we are getting now. Remember, all we have are tweets from desperate "reporters" and a scorned owner.

20. Oracle

Oracle Member

Absolutely, that'll be the press conference of the year.