1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban: Every Bit of Me Wanted to Kick His Ass

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 22, 2014.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Considering that max players hardly ever leave their teams for less money, I'd like to see a few of those 'multiple examples'.

[​IMG]

2. bmd

bmd Member

If he was cold-blooded he would have traded Dirk while he still has value.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There are like five women on this website. It would be so awesome if one of them named herself "Easy." Because there is nothing more awesome that Easy, when it comes to women.

pause

4. hahachui

hahachui Member

I feel bad for Drik.:eek:

Drik took a large paycut....
    and what he can get is only a Chandler Parsons

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Didn't know Calderon carter Marion and dalembert were all cancers in the locker room :grin:

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    No, you're just wrong (which seems to often be the case) again. Parsons was not the best free agent available when the Mavs signed him. There were better free agents out there. You could say that Parsons was the best free agent that actually wanted to play in Dallas. I would agree with that.

The fact remains that Cuban and the Mavs for two off-seasons in a row now have missed out on superstar free agent signings.

Now they decided the best thing to do is to pay a 3rd tier FA as their marquee player because they've struck out so often. Signing Chandler Parsons at a max salary will make them mediocre for the foreseeable future. You can disagree with that if you like. Time will tell.

Well, having no flexibility takes you out of the running for when the truly high level players such as Bledsoe, Rondo, Monroe, etc... become available. That's how you steal James Harden type players.

Also, it's pretty naive to think a 36 year old Dirk is going to carry any team with Chandler Parsons as an offensive focal point anywhere. Or perhaps you think Chandler Parsons is going to carry Dirk? It's similarly amusing you think having no cap space with a 36 year old Dirk is somehow a good thing. Thanks for the lolz.

If I were to have a masterplan I would realize that Dirk is already done. Nothing is happening with him anymore. I would stop trading for bloated contracts such as Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton and signing good but not great players such as Chandler Parsons to outrageous FA contracts. Then I would look towards the path of rebuilding.

Then again, if I was Cuban, I also probably would not have wasted Dirk's actual prime by destroying the core of a team that just won a championship. But he did just that, only to bring one of the best players on that team in Chandler back 3 years too late for it to matter.

What is your masterplan TheFreak?

You realize that you were commenting on putting a player's (who is already on the team) number on a picture of a free agent target, right? That's happened numerous times in the past by nearly every team and multiple examples of it have been discussed on this site ad nauseum.

The post of yours that I responded to had nothing to do with this random max players leaving their team for less money nonsense you just went on about.

Next indeed.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He did get a broken down Tyson chandler and Richard Jefferson too

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The Rockets will end up with a better record than the Mavs. You heard it here first.

9. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Why are so many non-Rockets NBA fans acting like the Mavs had such a great offseason? Felton is horrible, Chandler is old and injury prone, and Parsons is good not great. But I routinely see fans picking them as a top 4 team in the West. Are they overrating them because they gave the Spurs a great series with basically a different team?

10. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

This is the part that baffles me.

I cut my salary down, and we get Parsons?

This guy is a tier 3 small forward.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

who cares about cuban, parsons got cut

[​IMG]

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Bledsoe?

13. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

Talking about chemistry? Bahahaha, win a championship and blow it up to go after Dwight, DWill, Bosh and a variety of others.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe width="320" height="280" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FfODTw6h6rE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. TISNF

TISNF Member

That's really going out on a limb there.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

That's the thing about free agency - players have to want to sign with you. They are free to choose where they want to go. So, what better free agent was available for Cuban to sign when he signed Parsons?

What they did in the past is not really relevant to a discussion of available options to improve their team this off-season. Parsons is not their marquee player, unless you think that is solely determined by salary.

It will make them better in the short-term than not signing Parsons would have. I don't see how that's up for debate. All they have is short-term due to Dirk's age.

I don't see much of a difference between any of those players and Parsons. Perhaps Rondo if you want to sink a ton of money into a point guard, which I'm not usually in favor of. The Mavs are not in a position to wait around in hopes that the perfect player will fall into their lap.

I think signing a Parsons maximizes their chances of winning in the immediate future. I don't think cap space automatically does that. I also don't think cap space is the only way to acquire other players. Do you? I'm pretty sure teams make trades with no cap space all the time in the NBA. In fact I'm pretty sure it's the more common scenario.

Dirk is done? I guess Morey didn't get that memo.

I agree with this, but not relevant to the discussion unfortunately.

Put the best possible team on the floor during Dirk's last few years. Signing Parsons is in alignment with that. It's a short contract so it doesn't interfere with their future post-Dirk.

Yes I realize that. I was commenting on the likelihood of success of such a stunt, which I acknowledge you weren't referring to. I still think it's embarrassing.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

^^^^

I think Ariza actually would have been a better signing for Dallas. They need defense and they would be much more flexible going forward.

As far as Dirk is concerned. He's done being a 1st option, but it's not surprising that Morey would break the bank for a guy he thinks can be the missing piece.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That missing piece would have been a PG or a PF/C player. Rox struck out on Rondo, Love, and Bosh... It's just a terrible off season of misery...

19. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

A little dramatic don't you think? I'm not miserable with the off-season and it's not even over yet.

20. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

he should be smiling when he read Lillard's name too....