1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban: Every Bit of Me Wanted to Kick His Ass

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

If Cuban were a D&D character, he'd have a 15 or 16 Int, but a Wisdom of 8 or 9.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Nah, wrong stat he's more sorcerer than wizard

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't hate cuban for this, I hate him for manipulating the refs in the Yao series. F-ing cheats.

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

NBA front office beef is sillier than hip hop beef.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So true!

6. crash5179

Yeah that's what I thought. He even mentions that TMZ reported on it and thought Parsons was Gail Mekal (sp?).

#66 crash5179, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well tbh I have no issues with what Cuban said, he's the owner of a rival franchise speaking to Dallas listeners, what do you expect him to say? You can definitely feel he has a lot of respect for Morey and FO though which is way better than what some other people have.

Regarding his comments, I find a lot of it hilarious since first of all, Cuban was the one who broke up his championship team in hopes of a Triple D connection down the line. That team had the most chemistry I've ever seen with Dirk, Tyson Chandler and Terry all locked in with Carlisle and he dismantled that team despite the amazing chemistry they had. Even going further back, the tandem of Finley, Dirk and Nash had amazing chemistry as well and he let Nash go to sign that useless center (forgot his name). So while chemistry is indeed important to Cuban,it's not as important as he makes it out to be.

Secondly, Parsons wasn't a guy the Rox "developed", if you want someone they are developing those guys would be someone like Tjones, extremely raw talent who is learning skills from the coaching staff. Parsons was already NBA ready when he started playing, a lot of his skills now he already had them when he was a rookie. You can't even say he improved vastly from his rookie years, yes he has managed to work on his scoring abilities but when he was a rookie he was an amazing defender and relentless rim attacker creating tip dunks left and right. Now, he loses focus on defense and he settles for mid-range jumpers and floaters way too often, so while Parsons did indeed improve his offensive game he also lost the qualities which made him extremely valuable in the first place.

8. crash5179

I seriously doubt that.

9. crash5179

I forgot to add this about Gerrson Rosas from the interview:

Cuban was asked what happened with Gerrson Rosas last summer and why he left the Mavs. Cuban actually sounded a bit irritated at this question to me and said, "I don't know, you will have to ask Gerrson." He then followed that up with, "that happened last summer lets just move on."

10. crash5179

Only in your Dreams.

11. crash5179

I completely disagree with you about Parsons. He was a second round draft pick for a reason. His offense is much better now than it was his rookie season. We will not discuss his defense however :p

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

he was a 4 year senior who averaged 12 pts a game - now days teams draft on potential so when they see a 22 year old, they assume limited upside

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

100% correct and exactly why Morey hasn't won anything. If some of you could learn to think independently, you'd say the same thing

14. bmd

bmd Member

Morey hasn't won anything because his teams didn't have the talent.

His teams are known for over-achieving with under-valued players.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sad thing is Chandler believes he's worth 15 mil. Sigh.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

He overpaid Parsons. I ain't crying about it.

17. baubo

baubo Member

So if the Rockets didn't develop Parsons, and that he's the same player he was in college, how did he become a Max player(or at least worth $10mil/yr if not max) from being the 38th pick?

You'd think the current Parsons 3 years younger would be picked ahead of the likes of Jordan Hamilton, right?

18. crash5179

He was a 2nd round pick for a reason. There were a bunch of Jr & Sr players drafted in the 1st round of the 2011 draft. Butler, Cole, Fredette, Johnson, Brooks, Farried, Smith were all seniors drafted in the 1st round. Morris, Morris, Walker, Thompson, Vucovic, Shumpert, Singleton, Jackson were all juniors that were drafted in the 1st round. That's 15 upperclassman drafted in the 1st round and none of them were named Chandler Parsons. Averaging 12 points a game in college means nothing towards an NBA career, tons of college basketball players average a lot more than 12 points a game and never get a shot at the NBA.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

And he couldn't even make the Team USA roster.

klay thompson, derozan, gay all better than that ken doll.

20. crash5179

I disagree.

Daryl Morey was handed a team with 2 superstars he was instructed to build around... Which he did and won a play-off series despite their injuries. Unfortunately those two stats were as fragile as glass. He had to get out from under the contracts of those two players before he could start to build his team. The teams that finished as the best team in the lottery were successful because of chemistry... But not successful enough.

This is only year two of the Harden/Howard version of the Rockets. If chemistry is so important then you should be championing patience with this new group since it usually takes time to develop chemistry between two super stars.