1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban: Every Bit of Me Wanted to Kick His Ass

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 22, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Could be a match made in heaven or hell.

Cuban IS a good owner because he cares so much, but both of these guys would clash eventually...

2. NotChandlerParsons

Yeah. Heck, they hired Rosas away from the Rockets and fired him in what like a month or two?

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Harden with D means nothing if Hardens O doesnt Show come playoff time.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

People respect Cuban for signing Parsons out of spite and jealousy not because he thinks he is worth it, but hate Morey because he wants to go after the best available talent and treats players like assets? I get it now. It all makes sense.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

and the Rockets welcomed Rosas back immediately! The Rockets are f%*$ing scumbags!

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think people respect him for that. People respect him for being honest about it.

Personally, I don't respect Cuban in the sense that he's a great guy. Like I said, he's more like one of us (who are prone to doing knee jerk emotional stuff) than some cold calculated businessman. So it is actually easier to identify with Cuban than with Morey. If Cuban was the Rockets owner, I am sure a lot of posters here would love him.

1 person likes this.
  7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

CUban is an idiot. Morey said Cuban has to over pay to get talent that we can develop.

Howard and Harden are NOT overpaid. They are also a class above Parsons. In fact Parsons now has a contract on par with Harden. So Morey's statement is true.

Then he says Houston has never developed a young player, when he just overpaid a guy that we developed here.

1 person likes this.
  8. traveler

traveler Member

Going to enjoy watching us destroy the Mavs.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Cuban isn't talking to rational people, he's talking to Dallas fans. Know your audience etc and all that, and he's talking to a group where he's established a cult of personality. Morey? Not even his most fervent fans like his personality.

10. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

A very smart person trying every bit to out smart another person... I consider this respect! ;)

11. traveler

traveler Member

I like his personality.

12. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

I think Morey is more fat ass than Cuban.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Yeah I definitely think Cuban made the deal thinking that Morey was going to match if he got Bosh. It wouldn't have matter anyway since adding Bosh and keeping Parsons makes Houston have the best starting line-up and arguably the best team. Morey would happily bank on a Harden/Howard/Bosh/Parsons core for the rest of Howard's prime.

Since Houston didn't match, it back fired on Cuban but he is just too proud to admit it.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No one respects Morey for being honest: Players are assets to be shuffled, Parsons is not a 3rd star on a championship team,

No one respects Harden for being honest: Me and Howard are the centerpieces of this franchise everyone else is just a role player.

No one respect Howard for being honest: my team in Orlando was a team full of people who nobody wanted, and I was the leader and I led that team with a smile on my face.

15. houtown

houtown Member

At least he seemed honest in the interview, which is hard to say about any owner nowadays. And he brought to attention what i thought was a valid point about the importance of chemistry and how it relates with what the Rockets do.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Cuban acting so smart... Yet it only happened bc Dirk decided he'd bend over and take a big pay cut. Yeah, bravo Mark

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oh yeah Cuban? That's why Parsons got cut from team USA b****.

What? Salty? Who? me?! Naw I aint even mad...

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

parsons wasn't cut because he's bad. he was cut because they wanted more big men.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the mavericks are better than the rockets this year.

20. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

on paper