1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban apologizes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, May 17, 2015.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Where was the apology?

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Classy move.

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

True. We love to hate him, mostly because he's the Dallas owner. But as a businessman or whatever he does, you don't become a billionaire by being a dumbass, which he occasionally makes himself look like with some of the things he says.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

"I was wrong" Is a roundabout apology.

5. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Dei

Dei Member

Story of the pic?

7. i3artow i3aller

Pic is of Beard celebrating tonight's win :grin:

8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You "would love Cuban as our team owner." Let's love our current owner, who has allowed Morey to do whatever has been necessary to put together a great team. Thank you Leslie Alexander.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I've always liked Cuban except when we play Dallas. Who wouldn't want an owner who is a FAN? I don't get the hate for Cuban and ballmar(sp) I think it's bad ass that they love their team and how they produce on the court instead of just focusing on the money. I mean balmer bought the clips for 2 bil and they don't even have their own arena lol this guy loves basketball but all I hear from fans is that he's weird and crazy... No he just passionate about his team as is Cuban.

With that said I would still rather have Morey running the show over mark Cuban as owner/gm looking at things from a fan perspective. Morey understands it's a process and had we lost he still would have looked at it that way now Cuban on the other hand makes boneheaded moves that look sexy (parsons) that cripple his team for years. I'll take les and his fat checks with Morey and Mchale over what Dallas and clips got.

Clips need a gm. Doc can't be the coach and gm like he is now he wanted spencer hawes over Paul pierce. Nuff said.

10. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

poor cubes, realizing just now that 75% of his team is on their way to retirement within the next few years (and if they don't they'll be roleplayers at best) and he'll have to start from scratch after trading away all his prospects.

Well...I guess he could rebuild around parsons.

LOL

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Classy move. Sportsmanship is never over rated.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Probably lost a bet.

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

If you admire Mark Cuban for his classiness, you probably also admire the sportsmanship of Karl Malone, the team loyalty of Scottie Pippen and the humility of Phil Jackson...

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Bullhockey, he's just infusing his own ego into our win. It's always about him, false humility is not humility, it's like a humblebrag. Real humility wouldn't be a public tweet that has everyone discussing Cuban after a Rockets win.

1 person likes this.
  15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Some of you are wound too tightly.

All of Cuban's antics just make the rivalry more fun.

16. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

It wasn't classy at all. He's a series too late with his "apology." Had Cubes praised the team he called "not very good" after eliminating his own team, or even made a nice tweet for the Rockets during their round 2, then that would have been classy. This is just a PR move. "Hey I'm still alive, guys! Look at me!"

Kinda reminds me of his Trayvon Martin incident that ultimately brought dopey internet dwellers sympathies for him. You don't consciously throw yourself off that way unless you know there's a way to get good redemption PR from it. Getting your name out there to more media outlets (obviously, "Dallas Mavericks owner" and/or "Shark Tank" will accompany his name everywhere).

Or I could be wrong and Cubes is a great guy and passionate basketball fan :)

17. Garner

Garner Member

It's not even deep down...Mark Cuban I really like Cuban. He is great for the NBA and a perfect villain. What's not to like?

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Well played! ;)

19. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I dislike him more for when he sent those videos in when we was beating them in the playoffs when we had Yao. It might just be a coincidence but it seemed like they started calling moving screens every time Yao set a pick. Then he thought he was screwing us on the Parsons deal. Revenge is sweet.

20. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

Classy? How is it classy when you make a classless comment and then admit you were wrong? That makes you classless and wrong lol

Disingenuous, He's trying to reverse jinx us.