1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban and Charlie Sheen in talks.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Marteen, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

Link to source

DALLAS -- Mark Cuban, the outspoken billionaire owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, and controversial actor Charlie Sheen could soon be business partners.

Cuban confirmed Sunday evening that he's had several conversations with Sheen recently about developing programming for HDNet, the cable network Cuban owns.

"You've got somebody that everybody has a whole lot of interest in who's doing some interesting things, to say the least, and we always look for interesting programming by featuring interesting people doing interesting things," Cuban said before the Mavericks' game against the Memphis Grizzlies. "I reached out and we've had some conversations, and we're going to work on doing some things."

More on the Mavericks
    News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and our team. Blog

Sheen has captured the nation's fascination with a series of rambling television interviews. "Winning" and "tiger blood" have become buzzwords after Sheen used them while vowing revenge on CBS for firing him from the popular sitcom "Two and a Half Men" due to his personal issues.

Cuban said there have been discussions about Sheen hosting a talk show or starring in a reality show on HDNet, but nothing is certain at this point.

"We're trying to decide," Cuban said. "Right now, we're taping a lot of different things that he's doing and we'll try to figure it out. It's still not 100 percent certain.

"We'll do something together, but it's not certain it will be a show. It'll come down to what he wants do and what his situation is. We'll just figure it out from there, but it's a unique opportunity, I'll say that."

Sheen hosted a show on UStream.tv on Saturday night that has been widely panned. Cuban, however, considered that a good start to a potential talk show career.

"Everybody wants to critique a Web show that got put together in a few hours," Cuban said. "That's not the point. It gave him a chance to be himself and have some fun. The thing I like the most about Charlie is that he just loves to mess with the media. You guys fall hook, line and sinker."

The Mavericks' promotions department has incorporated Sheen into some of their creative productions. Some clips from Sheen interviews were used over the loudspeakers during the last game at the American Airlines Center. Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki recently shot a video to promote his bobblehead night that features him flexing while staring in a mirror and ends with Nowitzki deadpanning, "Boom. Winning."

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

A Charlie Sheen reality show. Count me in.

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Cuban's a WINNER, without a doubt.

Not gonna lie, I wish he ran the show in Houston. From a potential Sheen reality show to owning an NBA franchise, to appearing in numerous episodes of Entourage to talking sh** to referees/Kenyon Martin.

4. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

winning?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m82Ny_hy7EY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. yo

yo Contributing Member

Exploitative much? I won't pretend that I'm not entertained by the whole Charlie Sheen circus, but I also realize this guy's life is crumbling right before our eyes, and all anyone wants to do is make a buck off of him. Sad.

6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Welcome to the world.

Can I get you a coffee?

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Controversy sales..

And are you saying you wouldn't watch it?

8. yo

yo Contributing Member

Probably not, honestly.

I read that Tom Arnold, who is known for reaching out to celebrity train wrecks, tried to reach out to him via one of Sheen's close people, and he straight up said something along the lines of, "I make too much money off him."

Just because I don't know Sheen personally, doesn't mean I want to watch his life crumble while others get rich off of it.

9. spysta

spysta Member

Of course this would be cubans next move......... Seeing that dallas will choke in the first round of the playoffs.......again

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

A reality show would be awesome, a real life Entourage. Just sheen going to parties and trying to hook up with chicks all the time, doing random things just because he can and has the money, etc.

11. Chrisjaka

Chrisjaka Member

This is Great and Fabulous because we get to watch Charlie 187 himself live on T.v. I would have never thought someone catching a STD OR killing over in public,Terrorizing his kids,Vomiting and paying 80,000 for a single intimate encounter with a woman who gets paid to do that type of thing on T.v,Could be so damn interesting.Keep it up Charlie. Cant believe you do this stuff for free!!!

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Charlie Sheen might be the missing piece for the Mavs. He seems to know what it takes to win.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Oh God. Good thing I already don't like Cuban. I've been avoiding all the Charlie Sheen bs as much as possible. With historic stuff happening in the middle east, it hasn't been hard. Don't know why people want to hear about Charlie Sheen when the world is changing before their eyes.

1 person likes this.
  14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

This is gonna be so awesome!!! :grin:

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can follow both stuff though, that way you're bi-winning. You win here you there, now what?

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Cuban's HDNet programming is all over the place. This would be a perfect fit. They can pencil Sheen somewhere in the block between the Dan Rather investigative reporting show, Bikini Destinations, Star Trek, and Inside MMA.

17. AB423

AB423 Member

Yeah, a party full of p*rn stars and hookers will always do the trick.

18. vick

vick Member

What does this have to do with basketball?:eek:

19. Granville

Granville Member

Sheen and Cuban are two of the biggest douchebags on the planet.

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

OMG THE WORLD CAN BE EXPOSED TO MAGIC!!!!

WE CAN WITNESS A HUMAN BEING BANG 7 GRAM ROCKS AND LIVE!!!!!!

I am hoping this happens.