1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mark Berman] Ryan Mallet has injured pectoral muscle, could miss a few games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Mallet gets 90% of the blame...??? Blue came tumbling back down to earth looking like he was running in mud and O'Brien making bone head play calls didn't help either. And the Texans defense got ran smooth over... Fitzpatrick wouldn't have made a difference. The Texans have lost to every good team they faced with him in the starting lineup and there's no reason to think that would have changed.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Bill O Brien called a outside zone read in his own end zone. Oh yeah with a rookie RB. lol

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh god, i forgot about that play. That was a terrible, terrible call.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha!

When Fitzpatrick (heck, even Schaub) would lose a game where the defense was getting butchered and there was no running game they still got blamed. Fitz got blamed for not being good enough to keep the defense from getting out of gas...in the first quarter lol.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So Blue get 5% and Bill Obrien gets the other 5%. I guess the secondary and the defense allowing them to consistently to convert 1st down after 1st down doesn't get any blame in your book.

6. Remii

Remii Member

That may be the biggest blunder of the game. And when the head coach is making the biggest blunders that's a bad sign. Just like the pass play before the end of the half in Pittsburgh. He has his share of the blame as well.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And guess what, Bill doesn't mind saying he has to do better with his play calling. That was insanely dumb to run that type of play especially with a rookie rb. Lol but hey learning experience

8. Remii

Remii Member

Forget the rookie running back part. What makes the play a dumb play is that the defense has no fear Mallet will keep the ball and take off running with it... Lol... Having a quarterback that may keep the ball and take off and run is what makes that play work and with Mallet at quarterback it shouldn't even be in the game plan.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You cannot be absolved of blame when the Defense outscores the Offense

Rocket River

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

So, what now. Back to FitzMagic, or go with Savage?

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Can anybody give me some quaterbacks who have had the same injury? I'm wondering will this be a reoccurring injury or will he not be the same after? So can anybody give me some quaterbacks who have had the same injury.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Can anybody give me a list of quaterbacks who have had the same injury?

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

There aren't many. Stanford's starting QB a few years ago tore his pectoral and retired. But he wasn't an NFL prospect.

Sean Renfree tore his pectoral while at Duke on the very last play of the season. He was still drafted and has been on the Falcons roster the last 2 years.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why would anyone want Rick to try fishing in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th for a QB? A QB that would need to be starting sooner than later, at that.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Can't think of any.

I remember Mario Williams tearing his his last year here. Missed eleven games and the playoffs, off the top of my head. He's fine now...obviously a different situation though.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> didn’t get to find out if Ryan Mallett is their franchise QB. But they did inform him today they want him back for 2015, source says</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/537041453122617344">November 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This could work out very well for the Texans. Sign Mallett to a 4 year $20 million contract and draft a QB somewhere in the first two rounds. Have Mallett be your starter for the first year while the other QB develops and evaluate at the end of the season.

If Mallett plays well you now have the option to keep him or trade him for very lucrative picks considering the demand for QB's. Or if you decide to keep him you have a cheap starting QB, and you can trade your highly drafted QB for a pick in the following draft.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Morey...!!! Is that you...???

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I love how everyone is quick to make sure OBrien, Blue, the OLine, and the defense had a hand in the loss...even when clearly, Mallett played worse than Fitz has played all year.

Yet, when Fitz starts, he's easily 90% to blame when the Texans lose.

lol.

20. Summer Song Giver

This is the Texans though, more like sign Mallet to a 6 year 56 million contract with 25 mil guaranteed. And ignore the QB position in the next draft. And flip flop aimlessly between Mallet and Savage for years before finally cutting Mallet and eating 15 mil of his guaranteed money the next year.

Am I pessimistic? Well, I follow the Texans.