1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mark Berman] Ryan Mallet has injured pectoral muscle, could miss a few games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Him admitting to being hurt is a good thing, by not doing so before the last game, he ruined the rest of the Texans' season.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta put Savage out there and let him get some meaningful snaps. If they put Fitz back out there, I'm officially through with following the Texans for the season.

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

TJ Yates did fine after Leinart and Schaub were knocked out

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Please draft a QB in the first

5. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's official: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> QB <a href="https://twitter.com/Ryan_mallett_15">@Ryan_mallett_15</a> is out for the season. <a href="http://t.co/XEXU6Mvocm">http://t.co/XEXU6Mvocm</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> <a href="http://t.co/DbSgAjiNUU">pic.twitter.com/DbSgAjiNUU</a></p>&mdash; Houston Chronicle (@HoustonChron) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/536951627803295744">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree. We weren't making the playoffs this year either way.

Now we can go out and re-sign Mallett for a much cheaper contract than if he had played like he did against Cleveland for the whole year. At the same time, we won't have to commit to him and can still draft a QB in the first two rounds. It will be like Seattle with Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson, except even less money will be paid to the veteran QB.

And I bet you Mallett wants to re-sign here. It's the only offensive system with which he is familiar. Home state, good opportunity and personnel around him in terms of skill position players and defense. There won't be a better chance around the league, and we should get a home town discount. Something like 20M for four years, with only the first two years guaranteed.

7. justafriend

justafriend Member

Well the Mallet era had its up and down but I for one will remember it fondly.

1 person likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

+1

It's in the best interest of both parties for him to stay here.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind a deal where he's guaranteed for the first or maybe second year. But it would have to be under $6m for me to feel like it's a good deal.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mallett hurt us big time yesterday by hiding his injury. We could have won that game if Fitz started and played.

Draft a QB in the first. Re-sign Mallett. Continue to develop Savage.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Play Savage and tank the rest of the year. Will be tough to lose to the Jags twice but I would take 7-9, 6-10 would be a pipe dream.

12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

My best memory of the Mallet era will be when he once threw a ball 40 yards downfield. Good times.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This team needs to hire a witch doctor. This same **** happened last year with leinart except he only lasted a quarter and a half. Nothing good happens for us. What have we done to deserve such misfortune.

14. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

*plays T.I. / Iggy - No Mediocre

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

What if McNair just moves the team to LA and we start over? That is what it feels like at this point. Must be something in the Houston water or air. Players in any sport can't stay healthy. I have lived in several major cities. This stuff doesn't happen every where else. Not to this degree.

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don't understand why this team....

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

houston could have won with mallett if hopkins did not b!tch out and go out of bounds on that long sideline pass. very disappointing to see that.

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I didn't read through the whole thread to see if any info came out about when he was hurt. I noticed on first page many were saying that may have why he was so off on his throws, but he was off from the very start. So was he hurt in practice or the first play?

19. Remii

Remii Member

Lolzzzz...!!! Fitzcraptrick would have F'd up some kind of way. It's in his nature.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Quick somebody check Fitz's locker for a voodoo hammer.