1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mark Berman] Ryan Mallet has injured pectoral muscle, could miss a few games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its like this entire fan base never was exposed to the Oilers.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Pretty much anyone under 30 years old was not exposed to the Oilers

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

damn that really sucks for mallet

maybe we can sign him cheap after the season

4. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Savage should start 2 games if BOB goes with fitz could be tim toe fire him. Playing Mallet while he was injured was so dumb BOB guess Savage did not even suit up mega fail on BOB that is why we lost

5. HRox832

HRox832 Member

If Fitzpatrick plays then I won't watch another Texans game this season...

I wanna see Savage.

6. awc713

awc713 Member

any way to trade andre?

kinda of looked like he was dogging it on some of the plays. can't really blame him at this point.

no way hes happy with fitz coming back

7. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

I agree I want to see Savage for 2 games

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

no more crap Patrick.

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

If it's torn, Mallett's probably done for the year. I'm pretty sure it takes longer than a "few weeks" to recover from a torn pec. Hopefully it's just strained.

And yes I'd rather see Savage than Fitz.

The Texans have to win out to have any realistic shot at the playoffs. Chances of that happening are slim to none.

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol yall know it will be Fitz back and not Savage.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

There is no way Savage is ready. The same fools clamoring for Savage will be the ones telling loudest for O'Brien's head when savage looks like hot dog crap on the field.

Really sucjs for Mallett. I feel for him. His throws were way off today, and this explains why. Even his receivers seemed to know something was up. You've got to wonder what's going through his head. He had one game injury-free and looked good. One game supposedly with an injury, and he looked awful. I doubt he gets starter money anywhere next year if he misses the season, but I'd kill to have him for backup money.

I think you roll with Fitz, draft best qb available, and let all three compete next year (Mallett, Savage, rookie). Between the three of them, one is bound to be decent.

Also, for what it's worth, ESPN says it occurred during the Browns game. I did notice he was listed on the injury report all week with a chest, but I thought that was coach games.

#51 Two Sandwiches, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  12. conquistador#11

i forgot to add, this is houston of course that was going to happen, just when we get excited boom kick in the balls.

13. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I bet he could hand the ball off just as good as Fitz, and at least he still has an arm.
    If he doesn't know the system well enough, OB will have to make all the plays from the sideline and they will lose their up tempo game.
    I doubt if he knows how to drive the oline well enough either at this point.
    Still, we need to take a look at him at some point - toss him in, and if he looks hopeless, go back to Fitz in the second half.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

For sure. This is NOTHING compared to what I've lived through. Truth be told, I basically checked out after they failed to beat the Cows. That was the game I most wanted them to win and when they didn't, I settled into a "meh" state of mind about this season.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Be careful what you ask for...

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

*Sigh* This injury sets the team back a season. They will go into next season without a clear idea who starts, the team will need to draft a QB but will miss the few impact draftees, and will need to either base their decision on who looks best during practices and preseason, or more than likely, the team will sign another placeholder vet (Hoyer anyone?) and then we will be back to where we were at the start of this season.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was exposed to the Oilers. I'm the typical Oilers/Texans fan. I'd argue folks like me can see "curse" in all this more than those who didn't live through the Oiler days.

And no I'm not actually saying there's a real curse...but I'm not sure it would look much different if there actually was, either.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Season is over anyways what does it matter who is at QB

19. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he may have been hurt even in the Browns game. He kept doing something funny with this right arm/shoulder when he got to the line trying to keep it loose. Don't have a gif, but I'm pretty sure I remember him doing that during the game. Anyone else notice it?

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Reality check: you have to play Fitzpatrick until you are mathematically eliminated from the play-offs.
    In the NFL the obligation is to make every effort to win every game.

Savage might get the last 2 or 3 games if we are out of it, though I'd guess they will use them to look at Mallet if he can play.

Yeah the good news is Mallet won't get any big offers, you could afford to have him, Savage and maybe Petty with your second round pick in camp next year.