1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mario Williams on "Rome is Burning" tomorrow (Thursday 1/31)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rocketabc, Jan 30, 2008.

1. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

Heads up: 3:30p Central on ESPN.

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

"I'm her with Texans DE and former number one overall pick Mario Williams" "How is it going Mario" A-good "Outstanding"

"Lot's of people said the Texans made a mistake passing on Reggie Bush and Vince Young but you proved them wrong with your 14 sack second year"

Blah blah blah blah

Then whatever Mario is pushing he will get 20-30 seconds to talk about

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That is an accurate representation of every Jim Rome interview ever.

4. rocketsfaninsa

that's good he is already in AZ, that'll make it easy for him to accept the GMC defensive player of the year award!!!

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Count .... CHOCULA !!!!!!!!

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'll watch if I can remember.

Super Mario!!!

7. texanskan

ANYONE CATCH IT?

8. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

They pushed Mario back to tomorrow. Jones-Drew was the booby prize.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Yeah...Rome has so much new found love for Super Mario that Rome back burners the guy. How weak.

OUT!!!!

:D

10. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Excellent take!

Rack him!

WEL-come. We have an excellent show in store for you today, but first, here's what I'm burning on...
    Tiger Woods, what a freak. Have you even seen a cat walk out there and beast it up like that...

11. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

The Jim Rome show is like the Stevens and Pruitt show in one respect. I listen to it for a while years ago. Think its pretty cool, start listening regularly. Realize that every day is a very minor variation on the show the day before. Stop listening for years...tune in again every once in a while...same exact show. Nothing evolves, nothing changes...every show totally indistinguishable from the last..or from one five years ago.

His clones occasionally are funny. But every time anything is funny on there...Rome beats it to death by repeating it 10 times in 15 minutes.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i did the same thing. listened to him for 2.5 years...I just kept it on 610 and listened throughout the day. It was annoying at times but whatever, i listened to kill the time.

Then when he opened in a new market, boston i believe, he started talking about "give the show some time...you may not get it at first...but after a week or 2....you will get it"

Then I starting thinking, "get what?! the same old tired jokes and clips replayed? Losers who always call and try to be funny?" Then i realized that there was nothing "to get"...it just wasnt funny, clever or even entertaining.

Amazing how you can listen to something for so long before realizing how much it truly sucks

13. texanskan

on now, wtf is he wearing

14. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

same thing I said ....he from nikelodeon to GQ in one outfit

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

"I'm her with Texans DE and former number one overall pick Mario Williams" "How is it going Mario" A-good "Outstanding"

"Lot's of people said the Texans made a mistake passing on Reggie Bush and Vince Young but you proved them wrong with your 14 sack second year"

Blah blah blah blah

Then whatever Mario is pushing he will get 20-30 seconds to talk about

17. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Are you Rome haters guys from either 790 or 1560? Jealousy?

I don't like Rome either, but he does have his fans. I like listening about the Rockets, Astros, and Texans. Ocasionally a little bit of the college scene here in south East Texas. Beyond that, I don't care about national sports.

But, Rome is a good source for your hard core sports fans. That just ain't me.

18. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

source? he doesnt even talk about sports. it's sports gossip that's it. i don't listen to the guy because he says the same thing 5 different ways and pauses for 10 seconds between talking i go insane if people talk like that to me.

i don't listen to any sports radio because it's all garbage and all the listener calls are the same "Ya, i played football in high school and i watched it since i was like 5 so i know a thing or two about football... blah blah blah stupid remark about what a pro-athlete should do." in a deep southern accent

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

sadly, you hear about the same amount of Houston sports talk on our local stations as you do on Rome. I was listening the other day and couldn't believe they didn't mention any of the Houston teams for over an hour. Nothing but gossip crap, Brittney spears etc.