1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mario, I was wrong, the Texan's made the right choice

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No, I'm not making a blanket statement like that at all. I'm saying that to me, what Mario did last year was more important with regards to the debate over his being the top pick than what he's doing now. Given the circumstances under which he was picked first overall, I felt that it was imperative that he should have produced more on the field last year because of all the controversy surrounding his being tabbed as the no. 1 pick. I, personally, am not of the opinion that you pick a guy no. 1 and then turn around and essentially have to say: " Well, he didn't show much this year but just you wait x or y years. Then you'll see that this was the right move." Especially when your team is coming off a dismal 2-14 season. That's gambling or hoping that things will work out in the long run and I did not feel they were in a position to gamble with that pick as it was such a valubale commodity.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

even after all we've seen, you still argue that MW was not worth the number 1 overall pic. who should have gone number one then? i'm even giving you the benefit of hindsight.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering, but you do understand that this will never ever ever ever ever be the case with drafts. No one ever will judge how good a draft was over someone's rookie season. How do you reconcile this opinion with your opinion that they should've drafted a QB and sat him?

I can't believe anyone could be of the opinion that no matter what else the players in the 2006 draft do over the course of their careers, their rookie season matters more to the success of the draft. That is simply absurd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.