1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Thornton: Frustrated!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Dec 28, 2015.

1. beardsanity713

Agreed with everything you said about Thornton i was excited as well about his signing
    Very deadly scorer when he gets goin...

But I dnt think JB is the guy we need to be championship level (I do like the Twin Tower line up tho) he is basically a mchale disciple...

He has shown poor rotations refuses to bench sewer and his antics guys like KJ & Harrell deserve at least a look on the floor with some of the vets to cover their flaws...Terry over Thorn and sometimes Lawson is moronic

We still dnt run plays very often

We are still inconsistent in every aspect of the game

Same as with mcfail we have not improved in any way

What we have is a giantic mess of a locker and a 36 yr old JB cannot handle these guys...

He is not a fit we need a guy who uses everyone to their strengths and benches guys when they are terrible including Harden

I think LUKE WALTON!! could be our guy

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Wait....

What changes??? Please elaborate???

T_Man

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

In the last game Harden was on the bench and was sitting next to Thornton. The two of them seemed to be having a good chat. Harden in particular was doing a lot of talking. When I saw this it appeared to me as if they were on very good terms. I was wondering if maybe Thornton and Harden had become good friends. I don't think of Harden as being all that chatty with everyone, so I was a little surprised to see this. It certainly didn't seem as if there were any problems between the two of them.

4. beardsanity713

Im with ya on this

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

you can bet your ass dmo will up and leave too

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

That tells me there's a lockeroom problem with the players who get the random minutes.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Lawson wont bring anything of much value back.

8. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

He's a restricted free agent, so he has no choice in the matter

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thornton has been balling this season. Its ridiculous he isn't locked in the rotation getting 25 minutes every night. This guy can score like nobody's business, he creates, he can spot up, he drives, he rebounds, he passes and tries on D.

He has been IMO the best bench player by far, there's no reason he shouldn't be our 6th man. Yet he is continuesly yanked in and out of games, DNP's, 5 minutes, 20 minutes... Who knows which one he's going to get no matter how well he performers. I don't blame him, coaches suck for not utilitilizing him properly, he's been a baller this season.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Agreed but Ariza if they plan on trading they better be getting something good back

11. basketballholic

Hmmm, this sounds zactly like something I heard saturday.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Do tell. Or, at least, intimate.

13. basketballholic

I have no sauces, remember? Matt Bullard might tell you something though. Ask him.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"No sauces" was never my quote.

Wish I could reach out to Bull. As a fellow Hawkeye, he might let some info slip.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Please spill the beans? Hell even been cryptic for all I care. We need info

16. basketballholic

zr
    I did. I was.

#76 basketballholic, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we're trading for zbo

18. hakeemthagreat

If Harden's upset at the amount of shots MT's getting then Harden needs to get his azz out of Houston, PERIOD

He complains that he doesn't have enough help after last year's playoffs. We get him some legit guys like MT that can score, and now he's upset when they get the ball. James is a talented player but NO PLAYER should be able to dictate who gets shots & who doesn't. MT is a gift to Harden being he can take pressure off him. If Harden's upset at MT's shots then we don't need Harden leading this team. THIS is probably why reports are guys don't wanna play for James. Morey's handling of James is part of the problem too

1 person likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Who the hell does he think he is? He was just about out of the league. Players like him can be found anywhere.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good Post...

T_Man