1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Thornton: Frustrated!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Dec 28, 2015.

1. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

But if not JBB, where can we find another Morey puppet? Time to promote his boy "Finch"?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly

And I like jb experimenting. It's actually gotten SOME results (see spurs game) but there's only so much you can get out of this situation

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree, though I think there's a middle ground between blindly using the same rotation regardless of the circumstances and switching things up more than really necessary. I think the rotation needs to be a little more consistent than what JB has been doing, but I do appreciate the experimentation.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Why is Thornton playing for his sixth team in six years on a minimum contract? He looks pretty good to me, but NBA teams must not be very impressed.

5. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Thorton, DM

Thorton and DMO should be playing many more minutes than they are and Brewer should be playing less. (Even Harden should get 5-10 minutes whenever he goes to ISO ball).

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Before the season, a lot of sportswriters and Rockets fans were lauding the depth that we had, but there were those who thought it could be problematic.

I certainly wondered who the hell was going to get the minutes; you had way too many guys at the 1, 2, and 3 spots.

So I'll be fair enough to say it makes it difficult for a rookie coach; but he does have a blind spot for certain guys (I guess that's true of many middle-of-the-road coaches). His recent comments about Corey Brewer being the best thing since pre-greased rubbers was almost as cringeworthy as this analogy.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

his minutes being spotty is a good thing because he was signed as injury cover, ie team's healthy.

8. Houston22

Houston22 Member

He is great offensive addition, but terrible on defense.
    But I agree with him, he should be acknowledged of what his role is.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

He's like the new Jim Jackson... except less badass.

10. hakeemthagreat

Marcus Thornton is the one guy on the team that's played with the same aggressiveness every game. JB needs to account for not playing him.

11. Mr. Clutch

But the problem isn't our reserves. They are largely playing the same

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Jb still experimenting with lineups? or just because he is buddys with sewer he still plays him over Thornton because sewer "does things everynight a champion would"?

You have to he pretty arrogant to sit a guy who by sewers standards has played horrific! A 5 year old can tell you who should be playin if you show them tape of the two.

13. Mr. Clutch

All I know is when someone changes someones name to something bad that rhymes, I'm 100% convinced

I simply can't argue with such impeccable debating skills

14. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

No we can just find a new GM

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Well il I hear him say is the better player will get the minutes but allows 4quartets of Brewer ****ing up(literally always assume he ****s up the fast break) and doesn't play thorton at all.

JB is a dumbass just like mchale was. I don't even think it's the teams fault anymore. It's les and moreys for keeping these coaches around. Our stupid ass rotations are why we lose. Our coach always puts in bad subs which cause us to lose leads

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he should be. he's the 2nd best shooter on the team. can do anything terry can do plus a lot more since he's still young. he's arguably the 2nd best scorer on the team too. dumb ass coach keeps benching him and play brewer instead. doesnt even know brewer's game only works in transition and off ball. the way this team is playing right now, there's no place for brewer.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You guys need to boycott the team. Stop attending the games until JB and Morey are fired.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

to me brewer is an even worse defender than thornton. brewer gambles on his man seemingly every other possession. if i was thornton i would be PISSED. surprised he hasn't thrown a towel in JB's face yet.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Thornton is a complete sieve on defense. If he played against San Antonio we lose that game.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, but he came on a cheap contract and we're already paying a big salary to the last coach. I don't think Les wanted to foot the bill for two big coaching contracts simultaneously. Sad, but that's likely why JB got the gig. That and because Finch was closer to McHale's age and DM likely wanted someone younger who he thought might be able to reach Harden in a way McHale never really did.