1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris............

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreHNIC, Jul 1, 2012.

1. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Funny how people keep saying Mook is a bust and this man was never givin the playing time to prove yall wrong. The only reason Parsons was ahead of Marcus was , because of D. Every chance he had he showed what he can do and yall act like it aint ****, he was a freaking rookie with no minutes. I see him as a 3 more then I see Jones, Jones is what? 6'9? and Marcus is 6'8 and lighter then jones.

2. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Really? Thank God you not one of our scouts :grin:

3. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

With his jumper, he's going to be successful in the league. Look at the career stats of Brandon Bass or David West in their first two years in the league, guys who are similarly undersized 4s without the greatest athleticism. It takes time, a good P&R point guard, and ideally a shotblocking center next to them, but guys with his skill-set can succeed into their late 30s.

As a scoring 3, I still believe it can work, but I don't believe that McHale either wants or is capable of designing the sets that he would flourish in; big man pindown screens on the weakside for 15 footers, shuffle cuts to the high post, and cross-screens for post-isos. It's plainly obvious that he's in the doghouse, and if he gets traded he'll probably have some immediate success like his brother or T-Will.

4. Rockets_Texans

we just never gave him enough minutes

5. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Marcus just needs his wubbie, so do him a favor and trade him to Phoenix so he can get his wubbie back. Then everything will be OK for him.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Hated the pick then, hating the pick now. Terrible

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Morris was probably celebrating when the Chcse Budinger got traded. Thinking he would be the backup SF, then Morey brings in Royce and TJ who could take his PT.

8. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

I think he could develop into the next Patrick Patterson

1 person likes this.
  9. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

He needs to get his act together and start busting it if he wants to see the court. Crying and complaining isnt going to get him anywhere.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Patterson isn't even developed yet. lol

11. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Marcus' pick made me say WTF when we passed in Kawhi Leonard. Here is a case of Morey outsmarting himself.

12. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Hence the sarcasm :)

13. joesr

joesr Member

Send him to PHX, having bros on team might be intriguing to fans.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I will wait for the Summer League and a full Training Camp before I make my premature judgment on Morris.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Marcus Morris................

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I think the most anyone here can say is INCONCLUSIVE. Anything more, I don't know how you can come to a conclusion.

He's a conversion projection from 4 to 3, but not a typical conversion project in that he played 3 up to high school. So the possibility is better than the typical project. He needed time, but did not get it, and did not even have many practices with the team due to the lockout shortened season.

Morris did quite well in the D-League, which while not a judge for how he can do in the NBA, at least he did not fail there.

Why not wait for the summer league to have a second opinion? It's only a week away.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe his role model is T-Will.

18. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Crying and complaining is what many people come to CF to do, unfortunately ...

19. jboger

jboger Member

I just wanted to know why donatas motiejunas and Jeremy lamb have the same jersey number?

20. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

It's all about his confidence level... I don't think Mchale is too high on Marcus. Therefore, he doesnt play him. Marcus put up 20 points in his second preseason game against the spurs and i'm pretty sure their starters played alot of the game. He can definitely score.

Since he didnt get any playing time he began to lose confidence and therefore became a nervous wreck every time he was on the floor. I'm all for giving the young guys a chance to play b/c when you put faith in them it creates confidence in their game. But, all of this said I think Marcus will be good in the future and, at the very best, a 20 n 10 player. Maybe not with the Rockets but we shall see.