1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, May 6, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

32 years old, DECLINING, cant be the main option for a championship team, SOFT. We would be helping the Lakers stay relevant. Oh and did i mention he's SOFT

Morey doesnt improve the Rockets, he just puts band-aids over wounds 3 miles wide, and keeps us meidocre

2. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Morey sends all of our lottery picks to the D-League, why would any player wanna come here

We have to trade for stars, because Morey and the Rockets staff is terrible at developing our own talent

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

funny how just last year everyone was on the marcus morris badnwagon when he was drafted.........

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Pretty funny how just last year everyone was on the Marcus Morris bandwagon when he ws first drafted.

5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Hard to gage his game, when he plays 5-7 minutes a game in garbage time

6. onreego

onreego Member

If you read the post, I said that I agree that he is not a player to build around however he does make the team better than Scola does and as far as we know now Marcus Morris. Yes, Gasol is soft but he still produces at the same rate as Scola. And can you really deny that him being 7ft will help the defense more than Scola at 6 ft 9?

The ability to have a 7ft front court is where I see him making the team better. McHale would not be forced to play Scola at Center to try to create points in the paint. He can keep Camby in while having Gasol operate down low. Do you buy that?

7. onreego

onreego Member

I've also said Marcus needs more time before we can truly judge thus why I wouldn't be willing to throw him or anyone else, for that matter, in a trade for Josh Smith. Gasol was mentioned as another option after my rejection of the Smith idea and I gave my reasons followed by a preference of Chris Bosh over the 2.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Morris will be a MIP candidate for next year.

9. supa

supa Contributing Member

Really,
    Seems we developed Lowry from bench rider in Memphis to near All-Star.
    Goran sure seemed to develop this year under the Rockets.
    Budinger seems to developed into a rotational player from a 2nd round pick.
    Parsons was a 2nd round pick who developed into an NBA starter as a rookie.
    Patterson and Landry used the NBA developmental league to get some games in, develop, and then contribute to the team.

Seems we do ok at developing players but just keep talking out your arse.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally face palmed so hard when that draft pick was announced I bruised my forehead. Speak for yourself.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets and Marcus just need to accept who he's going to really be in the NBA if he truly wants to have an impact going forward, and I believe thats going to be a Carl Landry style of PF. He's got all the tools to be that type of players, and there is nothing wrong with it. The problem with Marcus isn't that he's a bust or doesn't have the skills to play, its just that nobody knows who he truely is as an NBA player, and EXACTLY what he can do for this team.

IMO, I think at least one or more post players will be moved this offseason. If he's still on the roster there should be opportunity for him to earn minutes at the PF spot. As a wing player, I really dont see him getting the opportunity to play major minutes and having plays run through him enough to truely have an impact on the game.

Landry took some time to finally adjust to being a PF, in his second and third season when they finally accepted who his is, look at what happened to his game, and his trade value.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Ditch MM, PPat, and the draft picks for Josh Smith. Maybe Llull too.

13. Asian Sensation

Not really.

Perhaps he has no game since he only gets garbage minutes and rotates between the D-league and the end of the bench. Speaks volumes when you can't beat out two 2nd rounders for minutes.

14. arjun

arjun Member

yeah uhh why would altanta do that again? lol

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Lowry and Goran had already been in the league for several seasons before we got them... Budinger and Parsons are both players that were drafted for their NBA readiness but neither has much All-Star potential.... Patterson played worse this year than last(surgery played a roll but Idk why you'd mention him since he showed almost no improvement besides some post moves) Landry only got time because we had injuries and proved himself in that T-Wolves game.. Landry is the only player we truly developed from the beginning and that was because he HAD to play because of injuries... I'd give us credit for Brooks but look how that turned out... Are we good at drafting? Probably... but our attempt to make the playoffs with a bad team limits our player development severely... Marcus Morris looked great in the D-League and showed flashes in his brief stints with us... In the last 3 years we have NOT been good at developing players whatsoever...

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

As far as I'm concerned, if we don't make a major trade, or if we trade for a big and move out Lowry, Scola, Martin, etc., then I am all for starting Parsons at the 2 and bringing in Morris to start the 3. Of this current roster, I think Goran, Parsons, Morris has the most two-way productive potential of any combination of perimeter guys we have. Morris needs to be given a shot from training camp.

17. onreego

onreego Member

I hope that a true offseason with the training staff will do him wonders. Also, hope that he comes into training camp with a chip on his shoulder.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not me. I gave him a chance after he was drafted though.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Getting only 5-7 mins/game as the 1st round pick while the 2nd round pick blew past him sounds like a pretty good gauge to me.

20. supa

supa Contributing Member

Really?? Lowry and Goran both produced at the level or were they sitting on the bench before coming to Houston? Regardless of how long they had been in the league the teams they were playing on did nothing to develop them. They only began to shine here in Houston.
    Parsons and Bud were drafted for their NBA readiness?? Really, because 2nd round draft picks routinely turn into NBA starters as rookies or rotation players??