1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MARCUS MORRIS & other guy at the Draft Combine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's2kFinest, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Htown's2kFinest

Marcus Morris (and other guy) competing against fellow SFs from the 2011 draft. Marcus is #51, showing off his mobility and some of his shooting.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WE1MBZlxIzA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=37"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WE1MBZlxIzA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=37" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#51 running at the very top. Other guy at the bottom...
    <object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6zWd-MFOLE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=375"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6zWd-MFOLE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=375" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Morris being interviewed.
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VboyDE9A8pA?version=3&start=20"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VboyDE9A8pA?version=3&start=20" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

And by the numbers. Marc's combine measurements vs that Anthony guy in NY. From left to right: height w/o shoes, w/ shoes, weight, wingspan, standing reach, body fat, no step vert, no step vert reach, max vert, max vert reach, bench, and 3/4 sprint.

[6' 7"] [6' 8.75"] [230] [6' 10"] [8' 9.5"] [8.0] [29.0] [11' 2.5"] [33.0] [11' 6.5"] [11] [3.15]

[6' 6.25"] [6' 7.5"] [233] [7' 0"] [8' 9.5"] [8.0] [30.5] [11' 4"] [33.5] [11' 7"] [7] [3.15]

The measurement are almost the identical. Hmmm... Maybe our team is onto something? Sure hope so. :grin:

4 people like this.
  2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Cool. Great stuff.

BTW The other guy's name is Chandler Parsons.

3. Htown's2kFinest

who???

4. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

david Bertans intrigues me as a shooter, maybe he ends up just like novak, but he's so young and san antonio got him for dirt cheap as part of the george hill deal.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It would have been nice to see these videos before the draft.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So...you're saying he's not a SF ;)

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Morris not listed in the top 10 SFs. :(

8. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Love It Manye

9. Dei

Dei Member

"Mix up your defense..."

wat?

10. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Exactly why he's part of the Wolves coaching staff

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol let's trade for Markieff.

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Morris has a weird shooting stroke... is it me or does look like a more subtle K-Mart shooting form?

Either way... this guy has the physical tools to be damn good player. Will he be an all-star type player or a franchise type player? Who knows? But not disappointed with this pick.

He should be starting over C-Bud in my opinion in the upcoming season.

13. AFS

AFS Member

I think this was while everyone was still thinking he was a PF.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nah, i think it's just you. That's the first comment i've seen describing his jumper as weird. It's much smoother than Kmart's, (kenyon, i'm assuming, because it's definitely not like Kevin's.).

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

He means kevin martin. Kenyon Martin has no shooting stroke, I don't think there's a lot of video of him shooting jumpers for it to be noticeable.

16. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Wow this is awesome! Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Two things about this info that REALLY excites me... He was the fastest guy out of his group in the windsprints(wouldnt expect a pf to be faster than a group of sf's would you ;) ), and his measurements being so close to Melo's, specifically the agility drill... His physical attributes seem to be almost an exact clone of Melo... Very cool to think of a Melo with intangibles in Rockets Red...

18. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Carmelo Anthony weighed in at 220lbs coming out of Syracuse, not 230. Paul Pierce also weighed 220lbs coming outta Kansas. Melo (8yrs exp) and Pierce (13 yrs) are now 230 & 235, respectively.

Look, I want Marcus to be the next Melo and Pierce, too, but the dude's already about 235lbs now... he's gonna fill out. He may be able to keep up with other small forwards early on in his career, but I think a Bonzi Wells/David West comparison will be more accurate.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

......and you have hit on his Achilles heal that could turn his career into mediocrity. He really needs to drop a few pounds, just a few, and he needs to maintain that dropped weight to about 225 to 230. CX, this is the thing that could turn our great player into a JAP (just another player).

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but I trust the pre-draft measurements (they say Melo was 233) more than your claims that have no proof.