1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris' First Meaningful Minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Got 16 min of action today. What do you guys think of his performance?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

gotta go and watch the game again, but like i mentioned in the game thread, he's clearly slimmed down...looks more like a three now..

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

ehh not so impressive, but with him getting virtually no chances with no consistent mins you can't judge him.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Shot was off. Defense was good though. He can stay.;)

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He didn't try to do much but that might be a good thing.

He seemed like a smart guy. He was rotating on defense. Only had a few touches but no really bad possessions (no jacking up stupid shots, no overdribbling or trying to do too much).

Not sure how that will translate to the future but if he continues to play within the flow of the offense and fit in with this team, he might be good.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Didn't look bad. Didn't look slow. Would like to see the Rockets run plays for him and try to get him going.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Frankly, I'd rather wait until the summer league to do that. The Rockets are trying to make the playoffs right now. Had Morris had the benefit of a 2011 summer league and full training camp, then maybe I'd feel differently about making him a focal point of the second unit offense. Unfortunately, it's a crazy, lockout-shortened season (with hardly any real practice time at all), so Morris is just going to have to keep being frustrated with his PT.

I'll look for him to be greatly improved--and perhaps a key rotation contributor--by next year, though.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

His shot was off, but he played smart from what I saw. Clearly not Paul Piercelite.

9. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

What shoes was he wearing? Hyperdunks?

10. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

He had a lucky post move where he turned around and was open. Other than that...wait who are we talking about again?

11. joesr

joesr Member

I think MM has no need to be tweeting about his non pro experience cause he isnt up to par just yet. (was it him who complained??)

I think it was him with his brother telling him "your time will come"

12. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I noticed alot of the NBA players wear hyperdunks.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well it wouldn't hurt. I'd say run a few plays for the guy or just don't play him at all. If the coach can't trust him with the ball then might as well just not play him at this point.

14. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

so they were hi top hyperdunks?

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Plenty of upside as he can switch at the 3 and 4. The problem is he is like Patterson but without the offense.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I like how you bottled up your disdain for him in your post. Good job!

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You could hardly call it complaining...it's not like he said he deserved to be there or was being treated unfairly..

And it has to be tough on him to go from a back up role player, then to being the man, and now back to being a bench role player. However, i dont think a play here and there would hurt Houston. We're talking about a capable scorer, not exactly something foreign or too new for him.

#17 RV6, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

With parsons offense coming along and buds defense coming along he's quickly becoming more of the odd man out than he already was.

He wasnt too impressive, kinda looked like twill to me, just standing around on offense not really inserting himself, but he is a rookie and probly was nervous.

19. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

That's what they looked like.

20. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member