1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris confidence increasing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by teebone21, Nov 13, 2012.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is doing well, drawing fouls and making free throws is what he needs to do more of.

2. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Kid's a player and I've been really impressed. Hope he can continue his hot start throughout the season.

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yep, I mean unless we start playing one of the rookies, where else would we get a consistent offensive threat off the bench? Delfino?

4. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Morris is actually a better 3 point shooter than Delfino. Delfino is at 32% while Morris is 42%.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Mook needs to get more playing time. I'm not sure how to do that but the man has figured it out and as his confidence grows so will his production. And best of all he looks to be clutch! At this point I would prefer he take the last second shot over JHard. He is going to have to be someone that Sampson has in the game during the closing minutes of the game to keep defenses from swarming Harden. I think he is the 2nd best offensive option on the team right now.

His per 36 stats are off the charts thru 9 games. 18 ppg, 9 rpg, .51 FG%, .42 3PT%. He has only had 3 games so far where his shooting percentage was below 50%.

Daryl Morey has said that one of the young guys on the team could develope into an all star quality player, could Mook be him? What is the best way to get him on the floor more? Perticularly in the starting line-up? You can't really sit Chandler down since he is also playing great basketball. Is Chandler athletic enough to play the 2 spot and move JHard to the point?

JHard
    Chandler
    Mook
    Pat
    Asik

6. Button

Button New Member

My favorite rocket so far this season.
    What really surprises me is his defense.
    Outstanding

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'd like to see them try this lineup. Not sure I like Harden at the point though. But definitely intriguing.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I personally don't think Chandler is a good fit at the 2 spot, but maybe slide him to the Power Forward position? Then your lineup looks like:

Lin
    Harden
    Morris
    Parsons
    Asik

That's a lot of defense in that lineup, and the potential for some great offense. I can't remember whether we've used it or not, but I think it could be effective.

9. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

I understand why everyone wants to put him at the point, but really i feel more comfortable with Lin there. He hasn't been producing because hasn't been really used ina position to succeed. Also it could be the knee and just a shooting slump. Chandler Parsons is the starter because his defense his elite and Morris might never be as good on defense as Parsons. If i remember correctly Morris seemed to get killed by Batum.

I guess if you suggest using this lineup during the second quarter or for a few minutes that would be interesting to watch, but I would not want that as a starting lineup.

10. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

I love seeing Morris on the floor. Between him, Delfino and Parsons we should definitely be a 3-pt threat in the future. I like that he plays with aggression and passion - this is something I feel is lacking amongst the team because they're mostly unseasoned especially as starters.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

A hot streak of shooting is one thing, but Morris is also playing good D and making hustle plays. He's also hitting the boards. At what point does he make Parsons expendable?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Parsons has team options for the next 2 years for less than a mil, he's not going anywhere at that price. Morris can split time at the 3 and 4.

13. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

In so happy for the guy. As soon as I Saidthat Igave up hope hereally got focused and started becoming a real option. Go Morrrs!

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Happy for him. Go MM!

15. hahachui

hahachui Member

Take Pat out and Trade him for a picks or backup point guard
    Mook play the starting PF...

Chandler is the glue guy
    we cant tick him out

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You almost have to keep Morris on the bench. He is your firepower there. Really think this guy is looking like someone that could end "blowing up" a little bit.

17. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Member

I would like to see run the second unit and have full control there versus being the second option in the first unit. I could see morris being good as a starter

18. split41

split41 Member

I totally agree with this, but imo, he's playing at starter-calibre and should start.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Ppat also plays more with Parsons, who's a better rebounder. Of course, Morris plays with Delfino, who puts up the same rebounding stats as Patterson.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Morris. He's playing the stretch four. With Asik, his defense may be good enough to start.