1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris confidence increasing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by teebone21, Nov 13, 2012.

1. alethios

alethios Member

spoken like a true Pokemon junkie :grin:

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The only potential knock on Morris besides whether he is a 3 or 4, is that he may have health issues given his history of being laid up after injuries.

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Marcus Morris isn't as good of a defender as Parsons but he is much more talented in the offensive end. I really think that this Rockets team isn't good enough to compete just yet so why not let the young guys like Morris, TJones, D-Mo and White have more playing time for them to actually improve and get better. I mean, you have to lose some to gain some.

But right now, the Rockets have too many Forwards and I really feel like the Rockets should package Patrick Patterson out and make rooms for the young guys. Either way, the Rockets desperately needs a PF that can create his own shots and demand attention on the offensive end.

4. Pete the Cheat

part of me wonders if we are simply trying to showcase some of our veteran assets like Patterson. otherwise it just doesn't make sense to have such a glut of young talent behind a roleplayer.

5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

AND I LIKE ITTTTTTTTTT!

Seriously though, looks like a completely different player than last year.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Patterson is only a third year player. Eric Bledsoe was in the same draft class and is considered the future, so it's a bit unfair to label Patterson a vet simply because he's on a younger team. Patrick is actually younger now than Carl Landry was on the day he was drafted.

If Patterson is outplaying the other guys in practice, he's earned his time. They'll have their chance too. And they're already on him about his rebounding, so we know he doesn't have the position by default.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

This thread and the threads made after the first game of the season is like night and day. Lol Clutchfans.

8. Pete the Cheat

hopefully that is exactly the player they are targeting with patterson the grizzled vet :p

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Yes i love this post. Trade 2Pat Suckur. They shoulda traded Patrick instead of Dalembert.

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Everyone is hating on P-Pat like he is in his eighth season and isnt going to get better.Dude is still young.I was hating on Morris when the season started because i know Jones is way better but Morris has been playing his ass off.I would like to see how they play together.Jones is too damn good for the minutes he has played so far but i will admit that i was wrong about Morris.

11. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

I remember when everyone gave Morris crap a few weeks ago lol. Good times :grin:

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Marcus Morris is a solid 12th man -- nothing more.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Who you want to trade him for? Larry Bird?

14. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I was very disappointed with MM his rookie season, but I think we should give him another year or two to develop. He is a highly skilled tweener. I think once the team gets maybe half a season to play together, at least enough time so the new additions can mesh with the young players we have accumulated and see how they all grow together. MM was a beast at Kansas. Plays very well with a solid point guard like he had at Kansas. Im excited to see his progress. I thought when we drafted him that we were getting a high skill player with great upside. I think eventually he can be a 15ppg, 8rpg, 3-4apg type player. Hope for this at least

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He has been pretty darn huge last few games. His rebounding and scoring has been a huge lift off the bench. I hope he keeps improving.

16. uwnthacut

uwnthacut Member

Morris has definitely stepped up his game and is showing that he should be getting more minutes. It's also a plus that he shows some true emotion and isn't scared to talk smack when necessary. Those daggers he landed in the 4th were cold blooded!!

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He's not a 3,he's a 4. He's really a tweener in the end,but he's not a 3.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The more I see of Marcus Morris, and get a real feel of his game on an NBA level the more I see Caron Butler. Very similar player.

Even though Morris has been listed as playing the 4, he's really playing a similar game as Butler. Watch the next Clippers game and you can see the way they play on both end of the court. Its remarkable.

Hopefully he can have a similar career minus the injury issues.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

It's time to unleash Morris. Give him 30 mpg and let him shoot as much as he wants.

20. caneks

caneks Rookie

Could Marcus be our best player at the end of this season if he keeps improving like he's been doing?