1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris confidence increasing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by teebone21, Nov 13, 2012.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

PPat is averaging 5.5 rebounds in 30 mins while Morris is averaging 5.1 rebounds in 19 minutes.

Interesting stats but PPat also plays with Asik more.

2. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Very similar body type/movement like Melo, so its not surprising he could hang in there a bit with Lebron.. I grew to love the pick last year but then soured on his lack of progression but Im slowly growing to love his presence and seeing him develop out there.. He may be the 3 of the future afterall but if Parspns keeps killin it like he did last night, them itll be impossible to overtake Mad Chicken

great signs from Morris, Im rooting for him to become the starter, higher ceiling

3. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

They both played awesome. Seriously this team is looking like it getting to where they want to be.

4. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I will say that I did not see Morris finding his stride here in Houston. I really hope that he keeps his attitude good and keeps improving.

5. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

he seems to love that corner 3. he has a lot of confidence from that spot.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Question: why couldnt this process have been started last year? D league was a total waste of time.

7. cbk41

cbk41 Member

We still had Scola, Bud, Parsons and others on this team. There was a huge log-jam last year. From the look of things, the D-league has done Morcus some good. If you remember, he was atrocious in the minutes he was given (albeit I know the small of a sample size really isn't fair to judge a player by too much).

8. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I like his game. I especially like the fact that he was jawwing off with Lebron when he hit that 3 over Bron, But of course bron came back and answered with his own 3. Overall, yea I see his confidence building.

9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

He fouled out making what would have been the game winning play on the offensive rebound, if it hadn't been time to give LeBron James the call.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe not. Don't forget Morris deserves a lot of blame for what happened last year. He has said he came in with the wrong mindset, like he was going to come in hooping up guys from the start, but then had problems adjusting to the speed of the NBA. I guess at that point he checked out some because of that unexpected revelation. The whole experience gave him a reality check he may not have had, if he was just handed minutes early on.

11. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'd like to see Morris start at 3, or else relieve Chandler after 5 minutes. I'd like Chandler to come back in with Douglas after Lin and Harden sit to help with ball-handling.

If Omer can become a mid-range threat like Pat (or Bosh), it will really open it up for Marcus to dominate in the post at the three.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Given the number of possible reasons for Morris's improvement, there is no proof whatsoever that a PT increase was the cause.

Morrey and staff are probably choking on your assertion that Morris should be taking fade away jumpers. Fade away jumpers are probable one of the least efficient methods of scoring.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Totally agree. D-League was more than likely also a benefit for him to get accumulated to the NBA systems and schedule as well.

Not every rookie can come into the league, start, and play consistently well night-in, night-out. It takes some a little more time to adjust, I'm glad to see M&M finally coming around and playing the way he's capable of.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Morris guarded the 3 several times last night and didn't seem to have any lateral mobility issues.

Also, he did not knock Lebron James down.

That call changed the game, gifted points to Miami, stopped the clock AND took out the bench spark.

15. duteman

duteman Member

I'm glad morris is getting his confidence. We could really use him for his sweet mid range and post/turnaround shots to create spacing. Coach needs to implement more plays that involve his midrange or set him in a spot for lin or harden to kick out to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XBEwjFHDzM

I hope Lin gets his confidence back. We could really use his mid range jumper to keep the offense going and the defense honest.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I admit that he's been playing great the last couple of games...defensively and offensively. I was one of those that think he's garbage...but he shows me that he can play. Let's see if he can keep it up. Him and Parson are critical to the success of this team as well, not just Lin and Harden. If he get a lot of minutes, he need to produce and he's been doing that so far.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm most surprised by his solid rebounding and his ability to not get embarrassed by LeBron.

We knew he could score. Would like to see him get more steals and assists.

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

All factual, but look at this way. Seeing this kind of thing happen firsthand will teach poise to players like Morris in games to come.

Rather than get caught up in terrible calls that benefit the greatest beneficiaries of terrible calls in the league, guys like Morris will learn to just maintain their composure and execute down the stretch.

Seems like a net positive as a teaching moment, loss or no.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Any video of Morris fouling out? finally watched the game and for some reason the download ends with 2-3 minutes left in the game :mad:

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I thought he was a wasted pick. I didn't even like him coming into the draft. Glad to see him contributing. It's a huge bonus.