1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Camby?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by milkoholic17, Dec 29, 2010.

1. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

With Marcus Camby's Skills, Interior Presence, Veteran Playoff Experience, Intelligence, and being an Alumni @ the Defensive School of JVG, I think that the Rox would be in a much Better Position against elite teams like Miami. Camby would certainly contribute in many ways like Mutombo did. He is Tough as Nails and a Class Act on and off the hardwood.

I believe that Camby is worth his large sticker price even for a short term, because he has to be Hungry for a Championship right before Retirement and he provides the Rockets with a Super Team Advantage as well as additional Development for Hill , Patterson, and maybe even JJ.

Although he has the Heart of a Champion and the Rockets are about to play against the Trailblazers, I wouldn't mind if Camby plays bad on Sunday
    :p

#41 djperm, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

CAMBY WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THIS TEAM!

3. Sandman

Sandman Member

Trade bud and jefferies for him. Not only would it fill in the void for starting C but it would allow us to UNLEASH T-WILL!

4. srrono

srrono Member

Veteran center Marcus Camby doesn’t like change, and sources said he would prefer to remain with the Portland Trail Blazers past the trade deadline. There is one exception, however: Camby lives in Houston in the offseason and would welcome the chance to play for the Rockets. Camby signed a two-year, $25 million extension with Portland at the end of last season. With Yao Ming out for the rest of the season, he could give the Rockets some much-needed size. The Blazers, however, continue to say they currently don’t have any significant trade discussions involving Camby. Yahoo! Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ar1lsB5m0UzMnrsgNLAaKtO8vLYF?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer123110

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I would pull the trigger on that.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This would be a Playoff move for Houston. Weakens Portland, strengthens us so we will be in the Playoffs.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He wants to play here?

Get R done Morey!

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Thinking about this more and more I really like this move. Camby would be ideal. Camby for Budinger+Jeffries+Clippers 2nd rounder. Don't think I woudl give up any more but if the Blazers go to deal him....

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

he's not the Young defensive center that DM is describing..

10. moreyball

moreyball Member

Camby Signed a 2-year $25 million extension???? If so, then HELL NO!!

11. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3adhxs8

am I missing something... We have to add some more salary to match the trade... I would take Camby but we are gonna have to give up something of value to get him and I don't know if its worth giving up anyone else... maybe if we got him in a deal including Yao...

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'd rather have Przybilla.

13. Spankie

Spankie Member

Fixed :grin:

1 person likes this.