1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marco Rubio doppleganger is a now a NY Rep, but he was just making it up as he went along

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Damnit Verbal.

Andre0087 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His opponent in the election apparently had a $0 opposition research budget.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude kinda looks like

[​IMG]

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. adoo

adoo Member

he has a lot of explaining to the FEC on campaign financing issues; https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3790085-eight-outstanding-questions-surrounding-george-santos/

Financial disclosure forms filed with the House clerk in 2020 and 2022 show a sizable jump in Santos’s personal wealth during the intervening years. His 2020 financial disclosure said that he made $55,000 from LinkBridge Investors during the previous year and listed no other assets, income or liabilities.

But just two years later, Santos reported bringing in a $750,000 salary from his company, the Devolder Organization. He said in one interview that the loans to his campaign came from that salary.

He also reported holding between $1 million and $5 million in a savings account, between $100,001 and $250,000 in a checking account, and an apartment in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, valued between $500,001 and $1,000,000.

Santos formed Devolder in May 2021, according to documents filed with the Florida secretary of state. His campaign website previously said that his company managed $80 million in assets, but that claim has since been removed. The Washington Post reported that financial data company Dun & Bradstreet estimated in July 2022 that Devolder had revenue of only about $43,688. Santos’s disclosures have not revealed any clients.

Santos’s financial disclosure of an apartment valued between $500,001 and $1 million in Rio de Janeiro contradicts his more recent statements that he does not own any property.

Amiga and ROCKSS like this.
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Even Fox is turning against him...

Tulsi Gabbard tears into George Santos during Fox interview...

This guy has gotten to the point where he can't even tell what's real anymore...so he's just pushing forward. Whomever ends up Speaker should have some balls and not seat this idiot. That's not going to happen and if there's even an ethics investigation, there will be a slap on the wrist at the worst.

Sajan and ROCKSS like this.
  8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

It's one thing to embellish as resume, I've done that, it's another to completely make up a backstory, Is it illegal, No.....immoral, hell yes. The clip from Adoo also looks like his financials are way out of whack, I am sure the media will dig through that with a fine-tooth comb and he better hope he hasn't lied about that to, his income jump is fishy at best. The fact that he continues to try and explain and come out with half-truths shows me is a horrible human being so he should fit right in with MTG and Boebert and company

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The thing is...what else is he lying about? His entire resume and backstory is fabricated. So then you have to ask where the money came from. He doesn't have the assets he's claimed (such as an apartment in Rio). What exactly did the company he claimed to run do? He claimed to have a salary in excess of $700k and somewhere between $1m and $5m in savings...yet he owed thousands in back rent and is now living with his sister. There's way more to it than him claiming he's Jewish and saying he once worked at Citi. It's going to come out. Hopefully quickly enough to prevent him from taking his seat in Congress...but that seems unlikely at this point.

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Best campaign lie ever....

“I never claimed to be Jewish,” Santos said. “I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.'”

11. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Tulsi tore him a new one. Now, if only the legacy media would do the same to the lying Dems…..NOT.

12. TheresTheDagger

This guy is a piece of sh..... work.

AroundTheWorld and ROCKSS like this.
  13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Now he`s saying he got all of his money by flipping high dollar items such as yachts...........I would hope this jackhole would not lie about that but it begs the question.........wanna show some proof?? He says he will only do it to authorized folks who can ask that, not to the common folks who voted for him

Truth-challenged Rep.-elect George Santos attempted to explain his mysterious wealth Wednesday, saying he made millions of dollars by selling second-hand luxury goods on the down-low with little documentation.

“What I will do is, I will go look out there, within my Rolodex and be like: ‘Hey, are you looking for a plane?’ ‘Are you looking for a boat?’ I just put that feeler out there,” he told Semafor about how he supposedly flipped $20 million yachts for six-figure referral fees after raking in just $55,000 in annual salary as recently as 2020

Santos has claimed that he never broke laws anywhere, including on campaign filings where he reported $750,000 from the Devolder Organization along with dividends valued between $1 million and $5 million — while not disclosing clients who business exceeded $5,000 despite such an accounting being required by law.

link:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...newsntp&cvid=916dc6db0d874fefa951626c7019bce1

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

He's almost certainly going to sell his vote to McCarthy in exchange for not doing an investigation. McCarthy is desperate for every vote and will give anything to be speaker.

Nook, ROCKSS and leroy like this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

Richie Torres is the Congressman from NY 15​

Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

c’mon bruh…

ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is not Jewish but a Mormon and had more than one mom.

Invisible Fan and Ubiquitin like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This guy sounds like a pathological liar.

That said, this particular one reminds me of Biden saying he "lost his son in Iraq".

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson