1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marco Jaric

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Painting_Shade, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

#1 Painting_Shade, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Not with that contract.

3. amathie

amathie Member

nope, we have enough people at 2 and 3: t-mac, shane battier, bonzi wells, snyder, head ...

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Jaric can play the one. I would love to have him on this team.

Alston + picks for Jaric

OR

Head straight up for Jaric..

get it done CD! he is exactly what we need; a good shooter!!

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's too slow to be an NBA PG. he's a better shooter than Rafer but defensively he makes Rafe-daddy look like Joe Dumars.

6. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jaric is a career 33.6% 3pt shooter. He can't guard pgs, he's neither quick enough nor
    sound enough in his technique.
    The only thing he maybe able to do better than Rafer is pass into the post.
    A horrible idea, any way you slice it.

7. WILDBALLER

WILDBALLER Member

Are you kidding me? You still want to trade Luther? Not only trade Luther, but for Marco Jaric? Sometimes fans don't make any sense, he is having a wonderful year and is blossoming into a nice NBA player. At the beginning of the year I was on the trade Luther bandwagon, but I am all against it now. But Rafer I can part with...

8. docgundy

docgundy Member

I'd rather have Atkins for Sura and Padgett, or just wait for more players to be waived.

9. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

He sucks big time after he signed that contract with TWolves. I'll pass.

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

he can play PG, he is not that slow and he can really distribute the ball..

now I agree that his defense isn't the best, but his size can really help him against smaller guards.he can aslo creat matchup problems for the other team..

if we can deal Alston for him and then somehow get a good Starter @ the 1, I would go for it..

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

a rumor i've read is that garnett hasn't been happy with jaric's performance since his arrival.

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You really need to slow down. You just don't know what you're talking about.

1. Jaric is a career 40% FG% guy. Better than Rafer, but not by much.

2. He can't play PG defensively, so he can't play PG. Everyone knows it. Why do you think Minnesota wanted Mike James this offseason, on a roster with Hudson, and another combo PG in Foye? The Clippers traded Jaric for an aging Cassell when the only "other" PG on the roster was an injury prone high schooler.

3. You want to get rid of Rafer and get Jaric because he's a distributor? Rafer has a better career AST/TO ratio, more career AST/48 mins, fewer career turnovers/48 mins. Rafer is also Jaric's daddy in all said categories this year.

4. Jaric is not a good shooter. He's shooting 38.2% from the arc this year, but it's on 13-34 shooting. This is would be his 2nd year over 34%. It's just a small sample - he's the same mediocre shooter he's always been. For example, Rafer is 17 of his last 44 3PA's - 38.6%.

5. So you want to get rid of Rafer for Jaric's shooting and distribution skills, both categories in which Rafer owns a real edge. To make it worse, Jaric has a worse contract (one more year, high dollars). Yet you want to give up Rafer AND picks for him...wow.

5. The fact you would even CONSIDER trading Head for Marko freaking Jaric is unreal. Nevermind that Minnesota has 394 small combo guards on their roster as it is.

13. surrender

surrender Member

Marko Jaric is and has always been an awful NBA player. No way

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Cliffs Notes version: RocketsMac pwned! :D

15. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

LFMAO... anyone who messes with head should be ready for some serious pounding... :cool: good job topfive :)

16. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Fat contract, over-rated, clogging on 2 & 3 and not much of team player. No Thanks :(

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

ummmm you have seen jaric play right? just because they have eastern european names doesn't mean they can shoot.

18. windfern

windfern Member

Sura.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's what people used to think, and what he tried with the clippers, now he barely ever plays it anymore, most of the time he is at SG.

Thre reason is that he is WAY too slow. Have you ever watched him? the guy is lead footed. Quick PG's have an absolute field day with him and it shows in the numbers. He was far and away the worst defensive PG in the league when he was trying to play it.

20. windfern

windfern Member

Are you dating Jaric?