1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March Video Game Preview Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 28, 2006.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Looks like BF:MC for the 360 may be delayed to April:
    http://www.gamersreports.com/news/1544/

2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Yeah. GRAW, Oblivion, Blazing Angels, and The Outfit. I'm not going to have a lot of money at the end of this month. KH2 is going to have to wait until Greatest Hits status.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Completely off topic but I have to tell somebody... I got my new Dell LCD TV in last night and Fight Night 3 looks FREAKING AMAZING on it at 1080i!!!

[​IMG]

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

^Nice TV Svpernaut..

Off topic, but I just bought Perfect Dark Zero today and in two words IT SUCKS!! I got all the way through Condemned and COD2 and loved both of them so I needed some thing new to play before Oblivion, but I'm sure let down by this total pile of trash :( .. Any body have any 360 games they didnt like or want to get more than $5.00 to trade them into a game store and are looking to do trade for it?? :D

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I played the Beta for D&D Online, not a game that will keep your interest for too long.

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Every preview i've seen for this game talks about the graphics and the new npc AI. Well, that's all cool and stuff, but for me, I just hope they get the game play more balanced versus Morrowind. Specifically, the game mechanics related to how powerful your character gets (and how quickly) were too easy to exploit in Morrowind. I just hope they correct these issues in Oblivion. I'll probably play the game regardless, but it would be more fun if the game was more challenging.

7. RC Cola

That's where the mods came into play (difficulty mods, hunger/thirst mods, new enemies, etc.). :)

Of course, hopefully the game is fine without any mods, but I just can't wait to see what the modding community comes up with.

8. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Nooooo! Don't say that...I just got my 360 and that is one of the two games I have... Does it really suck that bad? Why did all the review sites give it such high reviews?

On the other hand....FNR3 is SO amazing. I got weak and bought the core system, so as of yet I have no storage. Anyone know the status of hard drive shipments from MS?

9. Davidoff

My main grips are

1. the game gets choppy at points

2. people have a doll like look to them

3. the enemies all say the same annoying things over and over again

4. if you throw a gun on the ground and change your mind and want to pick it up again you cant because it somehow turns into a bomb and blows up??

5. the controls seem kinda sluggish

6. no back story when the game starts.. (I didnt play the ones on N64 so I have no idea about what the story is behind Jo)

7. some guns have scopes on them and you cant even use them

8. there is no jump button

9. AI seems really dumb at times

Good things I liked

The sound

The music

Game seems like it needed more time to be developed to cut the rough edges off..

10. Svpernaut

PDZ is nice, but just not my type of FPS... I could have lived with the single player gameplay if the online-gameplay would have been good, but it is just too slow. The joining and online system for PDZ is great, but the game just moves too slow. I'm used to Quake/Unreal/Half-Life type of FPS where it is balls to the wall, and you just run like a Baywatch start in PDZ. The game graphically is amazing and the single player missions can be fun at times... the weapons are cool but the lack of movement speed frustrates the hell out of me. I'll be selling off all of my old games on eBay here in the coming days, because I have to make room for all the great games coming out this month.

CoD2, PDZ Special Edition, Project Gotham 3 are all hitting up eBay very soon.

11. Davidoff

Let me know when you do

12. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Damn, still no Twilight Princess

13. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

As always, thanks for the info RC!

14. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

The 360 is beginning to come into its own!

15. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

First, nice TV. Yeah FN3 on 1080 is amazing looking. My TV's a big ol' heavy thing, but it's still HD ready and I love it.

Second, yeah PDZ is disappointing. Compared to COD2 it REALLY doesn't stack up well. Bad AI, bad ragdoll physics, just bad. It's fairly pretty and the weapons are good (nice secondary firing modes for some of the weapons), but that's about it.

16. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

17. Svpernaut

Some 360'ers swear by the game, I think it is either a love/hate relationship... At first glance I thought it was going to be an amazing game, a "this will keep me busy until Halo 3 comes out" kind of title... but I was wrong, the multiplayer is WAY TOO SLOW paced in my opinion. Thank God GR:AW's multiplayer looks like my saving grace.

This is a must-buy title in my opinion... with well over 200+ hours of built-in gameplay how can you not want this game? I'm far from an RPG fan, in fact other then MMO's like SWG and WoW I've HATED the entire genre... but from what I've read/seen of Oblivion I have a good feeling I'm going to be hooked.

Blazing Angels and Burnout look like two hits as well, and The Outfit has promise. March is definately a helluva month for the 360.

18. RC Cola

1st round of reviews are in:

Burnout Revenge (360)
    http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3148598
    9.0 from 1UP and a 90% at Gamerankings...because the 1UP score is the only score ATM. :)

Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (PS2)
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/693/693332p1.html
    8.8 at IGN, ~90% at Gamerankings.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja (GC)
    http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3148571&did=1
    8.0 at 1UP, 80% at Gamerankings...again, just the 1UP score so far.

Pursuit Force (PSP)
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/693/693333p1.html
    8.4 at IGN, ~73% at Gamerankings (think most of the reviews are based on the European version, which has been tweaked a bit for the NA release)

19. Svpernaut

Okay, Happy GRAW DAY! I'll be making the trip to the Wal-Mart in Pearland at 12AM tonight to pick this puppy up... and I know I won't be the only one. Burnout should be coming in the next day or so from Gamefly too, there are just too many car games at the moment... PGR3, NFS:MW, Ridge Racer 6, Full Auto and now Burnout Revenge.

20. RC Cola

I believe The Outfit demo is now available, so you guys can check that out. Post impressions if you want (that's what this thread is for).