1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 31 Ref Report is Out - No Ruling on the Harden no timeout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChievousFTFace, Mar 31, 2015.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

These reports do nothing but re irritate me. It's not like the NBA will do a damn think about it

2. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I guess I just didn't feel like the refs lost us this game. It really felt like our team gave it away. If they're saying they blew the timeout call, then they blew it, but at the time it happened I wasn't completely outraged like I was in the Memphis game, because that was a difficult call to make and it didn't feel like Harden had clear possession yet. I love this team, so don't get me wrong on it, it's just that I know ClutchFans. And if it had been the other way around, our fans here would be calling Raptors fans whiners for blaming the refs and saying that there were a hundred other plays that they could've kept themselves in the game.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

FWIW: Toronto had a one-point lead, before the DeRozan shot. We still have to get the lead no matter what the refs call.

4. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

maybe if mcfail had capela in the game, we get that rebound

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Well, the whole point of this is to let fans know that the NBA knows and that YOU ARE NOT GONNA DO JACK SQUAT ABOUT IT. At the most you will post on ESPN, Facebook, Clutchfans. Just a piece of advice, learn to enjoy your team without the outcome of the game. If you want to picket or boycott the league, do it. It works ... just like the civil rights movement. Think of something to make an impact... in the pocketbook.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There was also the Chicago (?) game earlier this season where the Rockets had 5 free throws and the Bulls had 19+, if I remember correctly.

I won't deny that the Rockets get ticky tack calls, but it's very odd when one team is driving in the lane constantly and can't even get to the line more than twice.

Buuut - what can you do. NBA gonna NBA.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

NBA should fine refs for missed calls within the last 2 min. Enough mistakes and they get suspended. That way, the refs will be on their toes.

It's just like the system for technicals on players. They hold players accountable but not the refs?

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I was trying to remember the third game that the refs took us out of it completely. To the point where I was like I ain't even mad. It was at Chicago

9. SemisolidSnake

That jump ball particularly incensed me, because we've played a lot of tough games lately where giving the timeout to our opponents in a jump ball situation has been a given. Even on really obvious jump balls, they got their timeout called. Then no timeout in this case. In all the cases, it's hurt the Rockets.

Now, I'm not calling conspiracy, but it does seem that timeout calls are horrendous in the NBA, and it's losing people games. It's terrible.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

These reports are pointless.

Implementing a coaches flag like replay aka the NFL is apparently too obvious for the NBA.

But it would interrupt the flow of the game you say? Um, have you watched a game lately? They are constantly going to the replay center to see who the ball was out on and whether there should be 10.4 or 10.3 seconds left in a game... As if that extra 0.1 seconds is more impactful than actually calling a correct foul.

It's simple... Give coaches a flag in the final two minutes.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Some kind of flag/challenge system would be interesting. Haha, man I think back to all the blown calls I've seen in the crucial final minutes... especially in the playoffs, it'd be nice to see some real accountability, but I really think the NBA doesn't give a ****, I mean there have been games where refs ruin series outcomes. For example, if Tim Donaghy didn't get caught in the betting scandal he'd probably still be officiating.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The bad calls are infuriating, but I disagree that the refs should be fired or that they are not good at their jobs. They have to try to see the whole court for 48 mins plus per game. There are going to be missed calls. Just like a home plate umpire misses an occasional ball/strike call, because he makes 100+ such calls per game. I think the challenge flag is a workable idea. It isn't like the last two minutes of an NBA game are blazing fast affairs anyway. I wouldn't limit it to the last two minutes though, I would give each team 2 missed challenges per game and you also burn a timeout on a missed challenge.

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Don't forget about Papanik... he was missing too! #PopeyeIsAlwaysMissed

14. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

So basically we got ****ed? This happens all the time though, where everybody including a coach asks for a time-out right in front of the referee and they ignore it. I don't know how coaches and players can restrain themselves, there's not been one punch thrown at a referee in all these years. Often it seems like the referees are instructed that the guy with possession needs to call the time-out or something...

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

We already did last year so it wouldn't be surprising. I think the Rockets were the only team in the playoffs to have the league apologize multiple times for bad calls in one series.

16. ribbit

ribbit Member

There is a replay center today, right? Replay center should be able to overrule a ref's call if necessary. They should even be able to change a call from a foul to an out-of-bounds turnover (vice-versa), if it is the correct call.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That's nothing like technicals. That would be like fining and suspending players for missed shots or turnovers in the last 2 minutes.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"It's the hardest sport to referee"
    "So much is going on"
    "They have to see the whole court for 48 minutes"
    "The Rockets did not play well"
    "DeRozan was on fire"
    [insert additional excuses]

Which excuse applies to not hearing a guy yell 'Time out! Time out!' so loud that you can hear it on the broadcast?

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dude, Harden literally could have done nothing differently. He was faced up, hands up, giving DeRozan no space, and Demar just hit a great shot. Harden has been doing it ALL YEAR to opposing players......it happens ONCE to us, and you're blaming McHale? Why are some of you incapable of just giving props when opposing guys just have it going on a given night??

The refs, OTOH, played an integral part in us losing, which now ups that count to what? 4 games now where they inexplicably and blatantly screw us over down the stretch of a game? It's getting tiresome.

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Yeah they literally took that game over. It was funny, the bulls aren't that good so maybe the NBA didn't want the WEST dominating the East on a nightly basis. The NBA is rigged every knows, But the NBA doesn't care that we know.