1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 2020: Short Rotations again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 2, 2020.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not sure with Harden but he didn’t look very aggressive in either game. It’s a long 82 game season and these players
    are expected to perform each and every game despite migraines, allergies, colds, flu-like symptoms, stomach
    problems, ear infections, tooth aches, etc. I’m expecting Harden to come out in full force vs the Clippers (03/05/20).

Yes, Riley has the Heat equipped to go small in the playoffs if need be. I didn’t see the game, but I would like to
    know if they went small? and how did the Lopez brothers/ilyasova matchup? I know Antetokounmpo was held to
    something like 13 points.

Do you know if Jonathan Simmons is available? 6’6” and plays like SF. Or Alex Poythress (6’8”)? Plays like a bigger
    Jonathan Simmons.

2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I care about our health issues n playoff seed (2-3 berth would be nice) more than whether we lose or win in nyc.
    I hope we won't show down early with either LA team.

Based on that game, as long as our D is as good as heats (eps sticking to our switch everything), we dunt need to worry about either lopez brothers or the Turkish.
    Heats played perfect zone D as they used to, locking down parameter 3s n allowing bladsoe or hill to penetrate notching tough layup.
    You can see flashback on YouTube, a must watch one.

It seems he is playing for Santa Cruz Warriors, i luv his games too, Just wondering why SAS gave up him (he is at 30, still a lot in his tank).

#42 DeBeards, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Explains why Freak had such few points as well. Less room to operate......plus not a good outside shooter. Fatal flaw.

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

yes, sir!

[​IMG]

unskillful = can put da damn f*cking ball in hoop!

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

5 positions
    48 minutes a position

PG - Westbrook -30 Harden - 9 Rivers 9
    SG - Harden 21 Ego 20 Rivers 9
    SF - House 30 BMac 15 Ego 3
    PF - PJ 30 Green - 15 Carrol 3
    C - Covington 30 Carrol 10 Thabo - 9

Is this too much to ask?
    Can we win like this?

The question is: 18 minutes a game without Harden on the court - Can we at lease play even?

Rocket River

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if we stick to the small rotation we are going to get murdered in the playoffs. we have keep legs fresh to battle for boards.

daywalker02 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How can you get tired playing basketball?

~ Kevin McHale

daywalker02, D-rock and J.R. like this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is why I could care less doif heesn't come back. He rode the coat tails of CP3 and Harden. This year we see what happens when Harden struggles. New coach with an actual system who develops bench guys please.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I see this horrible point regurgitated so much on here, give it a rest already. People on here dont even understand what good coaching is anyways.

D-rock likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You probably see it so much because there is truth to it. He is stubborn and stuck in his ways. Small rotations and this style will not win you a championship.

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I want Carrol to play more, but its not the reason we lost the last two games. And this style very nearly won 3 championships(2 with the Suns, one with Houston). All the blame when we lose, none of the credit when we win, the man literally just got coach of the month and now you guys are scapegoating again cause we lost.

We generated 36 open shots last night. 23 3s were wide open and 13 were open.

D-rock likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He makes zero adjustments. He allows Harden to take the worst shots over and over and over again. How about drawing up plays? How about making James move without the ball when his shot isn't falling. When guys are clearly playing bad go to your bench. Stop playing 35 year old PJ Tucker 36 minutes a game the guys legs are clearly shot. He is running his players into the ground for no reason other than stubbornness. We have guys on the bench who are more than capable of playing. We have all seen it.

Small ball is taking its toll on the guys and it's very clear. They are expanding way more energy. You got your wish the team went small. Now you need to expand your rotation to conserve energy. When the 3 point shot isn't falling which is relatively common with this team he needs to create more opportunities for his players to get different shots. It's what great HC do. Like I said I'm over his same old same old approach. This small rotation, small ball system and lack of creativity when the 3s are not falling will not bode well in the playoffs.

beardsanity713 and Little Bit like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

You dont know that, I have no idea why people bring up adjustments, people dont cant even percieve a lot of the nuances that happen on the court anyways. ....sheesh. All superstars take bad shots, Harden is in the worst slump of his career, thats not Dantoni's fault, Harden will get it together. Do you realize we are the most efficient offense in out of time out plays since the All Star Break? Why would you make James move without the ball, whats the point? That just makes our offense less effective. Carrol and maybe Thabo are literally the only ones. And I think Carrol should play so I agree with you there, but other than that.....really nothing else on the bench.

We've shot like a fairly good percentage from 3 since the all star break. Oh really, man those small ball Bucks really worn out when they went 7/34 against the Heat the other night, am I right? Im not saying Carrol shouldnt play but you are laying it on really thick with the rotation stuff. We played a small rotation last year....were we gassed then? We are number 2 in offense, if we dont win a chip, it will most likely be because of defense, no offense.

Like all this talk about back up plans are ridiculous.

D-rock likes this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

On a night like last night, there's no reason to go basically 7 deep...they were stinking it up, should've had Thabo & Clemons out there. The latter especially given 200 family members and friends were there! A real dick move by MDA not to even give him a shot..

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is sabotaging his previous concepts, or that little that he had. Sabotaging himself in the process.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets now sinking fast; very close to the seventh spot in the playoff standings. You guys laughed when I wrote that you better watch out for the Mavs. Not so funny now.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Never count out the Mavs or even OKC
    I think we are better than both esp in a 7 game series
    but
    could lose to either if we too busy looking toward the 2nd round

Rocket River

solid likes this.