1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 15th Trade Deadline Countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Lowry and "assets" then?

2. haydenfisher342

So what your saying is, trade sucks?

3. valorita

valorita Member

here's the simple truth: our roster needs a major overhaul. we can no longer "tinker" or make minor moves. go big or go home.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

6 days to go!

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

[​IMG]

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Even if we make no major moves - at minimum I want all the 2009ers gone. I would love to get Kaman or Diaw for the 2009ers. We have a 8 guy rotation and an extra SF or C is just what we would need to make the playoffs.

Getting Kaman or Diaw out the 2009ers would be absolute steal for us and I cant see it hurting either Bobcats or Hornets either. They get young players with some talent on expiring contracts.

7. cod

cod Member

Asking price for Kaman might be too high for all teams.

https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Stern wants a first round draft pick in a package for Kaman? Damn! I'm wondering if he would consider our package (several 09 busts) and the 2nd round draft pick (T'Wolves) ... :rolleyes:

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thats what I am assuming, if you read between the lines, what Morey was originally offering in his package for Kaman back in January. However, time has passed even more now to where the product your getting back has deminished returns (less guaranteed games left on his contract.)

Everyone knows that the Knicks draft pick was what the Hornets wanted more than anything. If they are able to communicate with Kaman's agent about the intent to sign another contract with the Rockets this summer, then I think he's worth giving up a draft pick for. Whether it be the Minnesota pick or the Knicks pick. (I believe that pick is extrememly overvalued on this board.)

The Rockets are going to be shelling out big bucks to a big this summer somehow, someway, and Kaman might be the best deal they can get if he wants to be here and not ride the coattails of Lebron in Miami on a vet. min. contract. I think getting Kaman over here ASAP would be the best way to secure a quality big this summer. Even if it means giving up a first round pick to do so.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lakers are saying now they might want michael beasley for pau gasol

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

A lot of players would have to go in deals between the two teams to match money and roster availability. Unless Minnesota drew in a third team.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Sources close to the situation said the Hornets continue to talk to teams about a possible Kaman trade, with the Rockets, Warriors, Heat, Pacers and Celtics among those still interested. The NBA-owned Hornets, sources say, are looking for pieces in return that would help build their new foundation (i.e. draft picks or young players), and the odds appear slim that any of the teams will satisfy the league's demands. The Rockets and Warriors, specifically, continue to pursue Howard and would be hesitant to give up pieces in a Kaman deal first.

Rival executives continue to complain that dealing with the Hornets comes with the complication of negotiating with league officials. And while NBA commissioner/de facto Hornets owner David Stern said that a deal with a new owner was expected to be finalized by March 1, it has yet to happen and Stern must approve all deals until that deal is done.[/rquoter]

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]The Houston Rockets still have interest in Gasol – who they nearly acquired in the offseason – but will likely have to recruit a third team that can send a point guard to the Lakers. The Rockets have shown no inclination to move their own point guard, Kyle Lowry.[/rquoter]

14. arjun

arjun Member

Sean Deveney: Kyle Lowry is one guy Rockets are NOT expected to consider trading. When I told him he said, "I heard, but you never know in this business."

15. johnnyonthespot

I fear we are 6 days away from a very dissappointing end to the trade deadline. Like one of those dreams you have as a child on Christmas Eve where you wake up only to find that all of your presents were home-made. I am hoping for a nice new baseball bat, but instead I get the cardboard tube from old wrapping paper stuffed with bubble wrap. We will go all in for Deron Williams and come away with Derrick Williams, a bad headache, and no recollection of the last three hours leading up to the deadline. :(

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I can't really think of any teams that would send an all-star PG to LA for Scola, Martin, and picks...

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They'd deal him for Deron Williams I'd imagine.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Talks between the Lakers and Rockets about revisiting a trade for Pau Gasol continued Friday, but multiple people involved in the process told CBSSports.com that a deal had not yet been consummated.

The Rockets, who also are exploring scenarios that would bring Dwight Howard to Houston on the hope that he could be persuaded to stay beyond this season, have been assertive in their pursuit of Gasol. Houston's acquisition of the 7-foot Spaniard was voided in December when commissioner David Stern, acting as the owner of the New Orleans Hornets, canceled the three-team trade that would've sent Chris Paul to the Lakers.

Multiple team executives contacted Friday described a slow, feeling-out process that likely would gain steam next week after GMs are finished scouting conference tournaments.[/rQUOTEr]

19. valorita

valorita Member

if nothing pans out, we should give the bucks and celtics some depth in exchange for picks. that way, we increase our chances of NYK falling out of the playoff race.

20. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

best post ever, sir!

MJ is the best!