1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Sources: Wiz, Rockets talking deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lmaballa, Jan 31, 2010.

1. aristophanes34

A Troll!??? What does 122, er... 123 posts in like 8 years qualify as?

What is something more reclusive & repugnant than a troll???? A flounder? An African honey badger? Emily Dickinson? That's it.

I do often use Gratuitous phallic imagery in my posts
    Lots- of strange punctuation, Capitalization and unusual references-
    It is debatable whether or not I'm Sane--
    Plus, here I am using slant rhyme again.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gratuitous phallic refences are the only acceptable ones. It just aint right to charge for such things on CF.

1 person likes this.
  3. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

You can't get all the info there that you can here from other sources. Anytime anything ever comes up about the rockets, it's usually on here within minutes. Hey and I'm in for discussion if it's worth discussing.

4. LifeisButaDream

The Wizards' desire to move Butler has only increased in recent days, since they found out they will indeed get some cap relief from the NBA this season after losing Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton to suspension for the rest of the season. Washington's cap number will be reduced almost $4 million, according to sources -- pro-rated amounts of the remainder of Arenas's $16.1 million and Crittenton's $1.47 million salaries -- taking its cap number to a little more than $74 million. The cap threshhold is $69.9 million, meaning Washington could avoid paying tax if it can pare another $4 to $5 million in salaries off its books.

That means Butler, though I suspect the Wizards will ask inquiring teams to remove Mike James and/or DeShawn Stevenson from their payroll as well.

Butler winding up somewhere in Texas is most likely, with Washington probably deciding between Dallas' and Houston's competing offers before next week's All-Star Game. The Wizards are determined to get a young player back, though, and the Mavericks' only non-geezer is rookie guard Rod Beaubois -- while Houston has a young guard like Kyle Lowry and an expiring big man contract in forward Luis Scola to pair with McGrady's $22 million expiring deal.http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/02/08/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If Dallas indeed has no prospect to offer then we should be able to get away with just Chase in this deal. And if they want us to eat Stevenson's contract then they better include Haywood.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No way I would even consider Lowry, Scola, and TMac for Butler.

They would have to add a Haywood and/or a Blatche to even start talking if I was GM.

Which is why I'm probably not a GM....

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nah Morey will take it right up to the deadline. JMO but don't think something will get done before the ASB.

8. LifeisButaDream

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jq7IqWzi88g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jq7IqWzi88g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Battier should be included in this trade! :p

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This scenario just makes so much more sense than a Philly trade, especially if we get Haywood too. We get a short-term, legit 2nd/3rd scoring option (with an outside shot) and a solid team guy to go along with Yao and Brooks next season.

That way we have a valuable expiring contract to play with next season, should a big name come up for trade. I've had a sneaking suspicion that Chris Paul will get dealt in the near future, so maybe that happens next season. They are just stuck in contract hell with nowhere to go, and Collison is playing well at PG with Paul out. Or maybe another big name comes up, who knows. Or maybe Butler just fits, and we re-sign him as part of the core to ride out the Yao era.

I would seriously consider Mcgrady, Scola, and Budinger/Taylor for Haywood, Butler, and James.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'd do TMAC/Scola/Bud or Taylor PLUS a 1st rd pick for Butler/Haywood/MILLER and Stevenson...I think in the end if this happens then it will be TMAC/Bud and 1st rd pick for Butler/Haywood and Stevenson.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!