1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Sources: Wiz, Rockets talking deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lmaballa, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Chamillionaire

Haywood
    Butler
    Jamison
    McGee

Iggy
    Young
    Speights

Randolph
    Ellis
    Curry

These are a few players i'd like, not in any particular order.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

We have a chance of getting Butler, Jamison would not fit on this team IMO, we have enough 6'9 offensive PFs who gets abused in the paint, not to mention his contract and his age.

As for the last 2, dream on.

3. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I'd give TMac, Ariza, Andersen, and Scola for Butler, Haywood, and Jamison. Idk if the money works but I'm sure its close. We get two starters and a backup and they get two starters and a backup plus the cap room to start over.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andre Iguodala is an infinitely better defender, and has FAR more court vision. Give me the younger guy that can play SG, because Caron can NOT, and we have seen what 2 SF's looks like...

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False, He is not similar in the slightest.

He is young and he needs work, but he plays unbelievably hard and has a great work ethic. His mother was an olympian.

A coordinated, 7-foot, 7-6 inch wingspan, 22 year old center with great hands is not something to scoff at. Even If it took 3-4 years to develop his strength and foundation, He would be an INCREDIBLE asset for the Rockets to work with...

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I really don't think we should touch our young core.
    [Lowry, Brooks, Landry, Scola, . . . I would give bundinger at least 1 more year]

Ariza - meh -I wanna say give him another year but . . . - Meh

I think we definately need another BIG [preferable 7 ftr]

Rocket River

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

If you're talking about young core, Ariza is two years younger than Landry and may be three years younger than Scola. I love Scola, but I think he has a decent chance of beig moved at the deadline due to his age and upcoming contract. I'd rather see Ariza or Battier go as they are a little redundant.

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

How about Butler, Haywood, and Mike Miller for McGrady, Ariza, and Budinger?

Wiz trade two older, more expensive wings for two younger, cheaper ones. It's not like Haywood and Miller are going to resign with them anyway.

Then you can let Haywood walk after the season (he'll want waaay to much money) and resign Miller:

PG: Brooks / Lowry / Conroy
    SG: Butler / Taylor
    SF: Battier / Miller
    PF: Scola / Landry
    C: Yao / Hayes / Andersen

FYI, Wiz won't let you have McGee or any young talent since they're rebuilding.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How does the $$$ work in a Rox - Wiz deal, without Jamison being included ? :confused:

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The only way i trade with the Wizards is if they include Javale McGee!!!!

What is with every one's obssesion with Mike Miller the dude is old and injury prone, no way do i give up Ariza(24) & Taylor(23) (both still very young, high potential assets), for an old Injury player...

--RB

11. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

He's 29 and he just shot 7 for 10 on 3 pointers last night. That's slightly over his 3 point average of .500 this year.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Adding Scola means that they have to add another player to get the contracts to match - and don't even think about adding Mike James (which works).

I'd take Haywood, Butler and Jamison for McGrady, Scola, Cook, Lowry and a pick.

Why the Rockets do this:
    1) It gets us under the LT this year. Getting rid of Cook's contract will cost us a pick anyway and I think we can put more stipulations on it with the Wizards than we can with the Clippers or Memphis.
    2) We don't worry about what Scola or Lowry are going to cost us next year. Jamison >>>> Scola. I hate losing Lowry but I think they are looking for a point to help replace their loss. Of course this worry is replaced with resigning Haywood.
    3) I think it's time to trade or bring Shane off the bench. I know he's one of the smartest nba players and good teammate but he and Ariza on the floor don't give us what we need.
    4) We keep our contracts reasonable and maintain tradeable assets. Getting Iggy is the opposite of that. 16 mill will be hard to justify or trade in a few years. Haywood is expiring. Butler's $10 million contract expires next year. Jamison's has 2 more remaining but with a PER of 19.7 he's worth his $11.6 million. He would be a nice #2 option with good range that fits RA's system well.

Try and pick up a backup PG next year with a trade or pick and resign Haywood and we'd look like:

Brooks/?
    Ariza/Chase/JT
    Butler/Shane
    Jamison/Landry
    Yao/Haywood/Andersen/Hayes/Dorsey

Why the Wizards do this:
    1) Start over. They pick up 4 expiring contracts. They can chose to resign any one they want or let them all go for $31 million in relief.
    2) A pick to help them with #1.
    3) Lowry will be a breath of fresh air considering your PGs are Arenas (suspended), Crittenton (suspended) and Mike James.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree. It could prove to be fatal. They will ask for Lowry and probably Luis too.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I actually would love a deal with the Wiz because we would give up a zero in TMAC but the other "asset" is what intrigues me...

Butler - Is a proven scorer who would fit in RA's system and his contract is MUCH more favorable then Iggy's. His decline has more to do with Agent Zero and Saunders then anything else.

Haywood - A case could be made that we would be getting a top 10 center, which has more to do with the state of centers currently then Haywood, because the guy is basically averaging a double double with 2 blocks per game. Expiring Contract

Miller - Semi-injury prone but would be IDEAL in RA's system and dude can shoot as evidence by last nights game vs the Knicks. After his latest injury he is rounding into form plus he would probably be the type of guy would go after in the offseason anyway. Expiring Contract

If Scola is the additional asset it would HURT and bad but you would be dealing from a position of strength to address a position of weakness and truth be told the deal would be lopsided in our favor...

Scola for Butler, Haywood and Miller....NO BRAINIER

Brooks/Lowry/Conroy
    Butler/Miller/Budinger
    Ariza/Battier/Taylor
    Landry/Hayes
    Haywood/Andersen/Dorsey/Yao

Everyone slides in their right position and would create a solid contending team which a chance to win everynight anywhere along with fantastic cap flexibility.

15. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

miller, butler and mcgee

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Exactly, any teams trading with us see Lowry as being the real sparkplug for us (Landry is the closer).

Look, I want us to get a big just because we need one who can defend the paint, but if it takes sending Lowry away, then the trade better be stacked in our favor.

Maybe I am bias because he is my fav player, but I haven't seen a pg like Lowry since a young Jason Kidd came into the league.

I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that any trades involving Lowry will be one we will regreat afterwards.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

THIS.

I would love if the above were to happen. He would be a top team as soon as Yao gets healthy. Anyway you could e-mail Morey with this trade proposal?

18. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

tmac/ariza for butler/haywood/oberto/stevenson/mike james works

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Caron Butler is good, but he's injured all the time.
    He only plays 75 or more games in his 1st year with a team(LA,MIA,WAS). If he keeps that trend up, his 1st year will be his healthiest.

20. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

what you like better,

brooks/lowry/conroy vs. brooks/lowry/mike james
    butler/miller/budinger vs. butler/stevenson
    ariza/battier/taylor vs. battier/budinger/taylor
    landry/hayes vs. landry/scola
    haywood/anderson/yao vs. haywood/oberto/yao

I think mine is better. Oberto better than anderson plus he is expiring and friends with scola. Hayes is not good as a backup pf,he just cant score. We could see who is better between haywood and oberto then keep the one we like as a backup to yao since both are expiring. Mike Miller is friends with tmac and more than likely staying there with tmac. (plus he is injury prone like tmac). We finally get out from under Arizas albatross 4 yr contract and horrible shooting.

If butler gets injured(he also is injury prone) we would have a competent stevenson to fill in assuming taylor isnt ready.

tmac/ariza for butler/haywood/stevenson/oberto/james

Oh,and in case Conroy cant do the job wed have mike james to be a 3rd string pg. I know wiz want to shed salary, but they get a young ariza ,and they dont need oberto or haywood since they have blatch and megee. They wouldnt need butler or stevenson since tmac/ariza/miller would be their sg/sf combo. fair for both teams win win for both teams