1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Sources: Wiz, Rockets talking deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lmaballa, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i wouldnt mind javale mcgee

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Tomorrow starts the February free for all. Let the feeding frenzy begin....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. FR0497

FR0497 Member

No thanks.

4. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

I think it is OK if
    Tmac + Scola + Cook <==> Jamison + Butler + Haywood...

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if that asset is trevor ariza, its a-ok :)

1 person likes this.
  6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Sho nuff If Javale Mcgee is included in the trade I say thats a deal.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/opcT9pVQQpQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/opcT9pVQQpQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

let's say we give up tracy and lowry for butler and somebody

we'd be stuck with will conroy as our backup for the rest of the season (we aren't go anywhere anyway)

assuming we get a 2nd round pick next year (do we?)

we can pick up Aubrey Coleman from Houston. :) assuming that he and chase will get along fine. We'd have our roster of

Brooks/Coleman
    Butler/Budinger
    Battier/Ariza
    Scola/Landry
    Yao/Hayes (or if we get a C from washington)

Coleman, Bud, Ariza, Landry, Hayes/someone. that's a sick line-up

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

really, did u just suggest to have Coleman and Budinger on the same team???

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

and the assets are landry and brooks right ???

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would give up an older asset like Luis or Shane for Javale McGee...

Javale McGee is the ONLY player that I would want on the Wizards...

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I would love to have Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood simply from a basketball standpoint, and the fact that their contracts are short is just icing on the cake.

But, the contracts of Butler and Haywood only add up to 7 million less than McGrady + the second highest paid player in the rotation (Battier) and 8 million lower than McGrady + the third highest paid player in the rotation (Ariza), so there has to be another player coming from Washington.

Since that's the case, I'd do McGrady + Ariza + Taylor for Butler + Haywood + Mike Miller, and I'd do it in a heart beat.

12. hjg877

hjg877 Member

If Houston is going to be over the Luxury Tax threshold this season, I would rather them be in that position with assets that will contribute.

If there's an opportunity to get Butler + Haywood for just McGrady and nothing/non-significant player, I say definitely pull the trigger.

Those incoming contracts from Washington are less of a burden than what Philadelphia wants to dump.

Personally I expect no trade or absolute highway robbery involving 3-5 teams (in one or multiple transactions).

13. the_donace

the_donace Member

I have a feeling Adelman would start ariza over battier...also I'm not too well informed on how stuff works...whats the downside for the rockets to buyout TMac? besides not getting a player in return? If they can't pull the deal off I think they should buy him out...instead of letting him expire as a reserve...

14. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Then,
    TMac + Scola + Hayes + Cook <=> Jamison + Butler + McGee + Haywood...
    :grin:

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Really a McGrady for Butler/Haywood straight up deal is just a stopgap for Houston and doesnt do much for the Wizards. All the Wizards would really get out of it is giving up Butler a year early. If about contracts.

Having Haywood or Javale McGee really could extend Yao's career if they remained with Houston. McGee's absurd length is really intriguing. But if a trade were to go down, what would be the plan after that? What are the Rockets saving for? Its seems likes its either a low low risk move, or the big dream move. There's no regular medium moves cuz its too risky and costly.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Most of you are obsessed with Iguodala. I would honestly say Caron is the better player. Watching him play, it just seems he has a better understanding of the game than Iguodala. I don't really like the sound of any of these trades, but we'll let Morey work his magic. I'm sure there's stuff going on that I couldn't even begin to guess on....

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's nice cap flexibility if Butler expires next year. Other teams might like that package for the same reason.

We should aim higher, but it's not a horrible deal with no redeeming qualities.

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I've got a feelin that Battier is the one who should go...Ariza is okay to go with his shooting woes but he's our only player who can play above the rim...if we give up a rotation player, i want a young players in return such as McGee and Nick Young...another expiring is good, Mike Miller will do.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Miller/Butler/Haywood for McGrady/Ariza

Lets make it HAPPEN

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I have not been able to watch the Wiz the past few years (then again, who has?), so I don't know much about McGee.

Judging from that youtube video he seems to be limited to high-flying dunks, put-back dunks, alley-oop dunks...oh, and blocks.

I don't know about you guys but he seems somewhere in between Stromile Swift and Tyrus Thomas.