1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    WEST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the TWolves avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Marc Stein says Rudy T. could be Phil Jackson's succesor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by randerson153, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

That Van Gundy hates T-Mac article, came from "hoopsworld", a majorily criticized site for it's lack of truth and abundance in false information.

And uh, nooo, can't quite bring back Rudy just yet. If we got T-mac without giving up Cat, I doubt after one year, will continue to push himself to play defense and mature even further with Rudy at the helm. Which goes for the rest of the team, I doubt they'll continue to develope more discipline with only one year of Gundy ball. And, Rudy's pretty soft at heart with his players. If he were here, I doubt we'd be talking about Steve for T-mac or Steve for anyone as a matter of fact.

I'd much rather have Gundy here for a year of T-mac ball, he'd definitely help in bringing out T-mac's defensive abilities which for some reason have been comming and going since his first year in orlando. And if Gundy can install some discipline into a player like Sprewell, I'm sure he can do the same with T-mac. Which would only elevate his game even further.
    Afterall, unlike trying to get from Steve what isn't in him, he'd be getting things from T-mac which are in him, but just fell asleep for those two years in Orlando.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

PLease Rudy nooooo.
    i wanted your next team to win alot of games. But not if it are the lakers:(

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LA would do it . . .IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO LURE YAO

Rocket River

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Ouch. Too true. Case closed.

5. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Personally, the only place I want Rudy to coach is in H'town. I'm to big of fan to see this lifetime Rocket anywhere else. It'd be like watching Earl play for the Aint's or The Dream playing for the Raptor's: Not pretty and just plain wrong.