1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Stein on the Omer Asik Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 17, 2013.

1. dragician

dragician Member

Bench him for two years.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm a huge Asik fan, but this is extremely disappointing. I've always wanted to play basketball, and with huge money added in its always a struggle for me to see someone who has got it made on a young team and a future-championship situation to complain and pout about reduced minutes. Okay, go start for the Celtics and win 30 games, thats fine.

no really, he did GREAT for us last year and deserves all the respect in the world for that. The problem is... he has 0 offensive game, and his hands have only improved a miniscule amount. His size, defense and rebounding served us so well, but with a lack of offensive improvement thats still only bench level C work. Yes, he's considered one of the top-10 C's in the league, but thats only because we have such sad overall Center talent in the NBA. I love the guy, and its touhg to judge news credibility, but the thing I do know is that he hasn't played 3 games in a row now and is being completely sat.

This is ridiculous. Get out there, come off the bench, and play your a55 off. Sure, anyone thats demoted takes it hard, but usually if you're demoted you lose money and benefits... WELL, he still makes the same dam amount so whatever. If you want to be traded, then SHOW your value! Take the reduced role and run with it, because its obviously going to happen. If you pout and mope and lose your head, its disrespectful to your teammates, the game, and even all of us who will never make that kind of money.

I would LOVE Asik coming off our bench with Lin and Garcia, its such a deep situation but whatever... not gonna happen. I understand his overall frustration, I just don't like how its being handled. grrrr so disappointing.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I guess I see things differently. Last year Harden and this year Howard. The basketball gods must love us. :grin::p

4. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Really the year Dwight was drafted was the same year Omer started playing basketball for the first time...Dwight has not improved as a player...Omer started for the first time last year. Avg a double double as a sixth offensive option so miss me with that statement. Dwight is not the most dominate center in the NBA right now....maybe the best defensive center but not a complete player. That is like saying Beverley is a better overall pg than Lin. CANNOT COMPUTE!!!

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So you think Omer is better than Dwight :eek: SMH.

I am a big Omer Asik fan but your computer is clearly broken.

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Maybe he really is sick. I know I act like a whiny b**** when I'm sick.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I dont believe anything about Asik losing value if he doesn't play. Many other teams would love to have him. They might be able to lowball other GMs, but Morey isn't like any other GM.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

10. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Guess what: DNP
    Reason: ILL

12. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I would be pissed if he was faking his illness. But what I've seen from him in the past, he doesn't strike me as someone who would do that. Hope I'm wrong.

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

hope i'm right lol

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's PEBKAC, not his computer

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I can think of 8.5 million reasons why this baby should put a tampon in and be ready to play while we look for a proper trade partner.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He doesn't care what you or I think.

DD

17. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, Dwight is the best center in the NBA.

18. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

my bad bro I'm typing from my hone getting ready for the Raiders game I ask for your forgiveness..

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lin embraced the role. I can see him being here after his contract is up. Just a hard worker and professional.

Meanwhile, Asik is a big baby. He's making 8m per. Boohoo cry me a river. We paid him when nobody else would

20. Nook

Nook Member

Stein has ZERO sources in Houston, his only real strong sources are with the Mavericks.