1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Stein on the Omer Asik Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 17, 2013.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Dude makes almost $73,000 a game, sitting or starting. Needs to man up, shut up, and wait til the ROCKETS find something that will benefit us now and in the future.

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Interesting article by Stein who is a huge Mavs homer.

"Word is Asik has been asking the Rockets pretty much once a week, since Dwight Howard's arrival in July, to please trade him elsewhere."

I don't know how credible this is right now.

"The Rockets, furthermore, realize this situation has strayed beyond repair, which means they’re best off trading him as soon as possible. "

Is this a fact or an opinion?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How can any player on this team respect Omer? Like seriously, how?

Omer Asik loses his starting spot because of Dwight Howard, AKA one of the best players in the league. Jeremy Lin loses his starting spot to some dude named Patrick Beverley who was brought over from Russia last season and accepts the challenge and excels in his new role.

Mad props to Jeremy Lin. No respect for Asik.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Asik just wants to start. It is not about the money or championships for him. The sooner we can get rid of him the better. All this is doing is hurting the team. Problem is Morey isn't just going to take anything. He wants that third star and whether that means taking a first round draft pick or waiting for the Celtics to give up Rondo or getting LMA down the line, he will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Great point man. I wouldn't lose sleep over Omer. He sucks in NBA 2K as well.

6. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Very disappointed in his attitude. I liked him so much too. :(

7. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Excellent point dude! Are you some kind of prodigy? :cool:

8. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

He shouldn't be paid then during this period because he refuses to do his job.

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

This is really serious, better call 9-1-wah, Omer... jeezus.

Couldn't be more contrast with the excellent professionalism of JLin! C'mon, Omer.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

I am really disappointed to see that Asik has pulled a Royce White on us. He seemed like the Anti-Royce last year, WTF happened??? Has this dude gone mental?? If he wins a championship in the next two years or gets into the finals as an integral piece of the puzzle his next contract will be so fat he won't know what to do with the money!! This dude must be stupid or something!! I had a lot of respect for him before, seemed very humble and happy to work hard every day, now he has turned into the epitome of a b****! I just don't understand how he can do a 180 so fast.

Anyway, I like what i see out of Jones. He is by no means an Asik level defender in the post but he is getting the job done.

Over the last 4 games, Jones has averaged the following:

MPG - 33:35
    PPG - 9.25
    RPG - 10.25
    BPG - 2.5
    SPG - 0.5
    3PM per game - 0.75

Not bad for a guy who hasn't had a lot of consistent playing time! I hope he continues to improve and I hope we can move Asik and another piece and shore up the 4 spot somehow. I would love to get Horford but don't know who else they would be willing to take without giving up Howard, Parsons, Harden, Lin and Beverley to do it.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Deja Vu:

1995: Feigning a hamstring injury, Vernon Maxwell was given a leave of absence after the 1st game of the playoffs. Maxwell later admitted he was frustrated with not playing; the incident was hyped as Maxwell being disgruntled at the team's recent acquisition of Hall-of-Fame guard Clyde Drexler. His actions led to the Rockets ending his tenure with them.

Result: Rockets 2nd championship.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

OH KNOW ONLY $25M... He got 25M after averaging fk all at chicago. GM's would still pay the dude seeing as hes proven what hes capable of, be a defensive anchor.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If Asik wants to be traded, that's fine.

But I think it's not acceptable at all for him to constantly ask for a trade when the team was actively trying to fit him in the starting line-up. Have a little patience.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

So you're advocating that the Rockets spank him privately:confused:

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

When mchale moves u to the bench , you have to accept that role. I mean,mchale is a all time great who only started about 3 season in his career. He could've and should've been starting on 80% of the nba teams in his day,but he wanted to win rings and that's why he played every role that was asked of him. We didn't hear of lin asking for a trade every week even if his situation was a little different. I don't think many,including mchale and morey thought the TT was gonna work because of the limitations of the parties involved. Personally,if he's traded,I would rather take a pick and roll with TJ and Donuts.

16. rocketblood713

damn I didn't think he was this much of a douche

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I find it amusing that as soon as Lin explodes, Omer gets benched and becomes cfans new whipping boy.

Some people are so damn fickle

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I say Morey fights fire with fire here. You have someone leak information to Woj that the Rockets are currently looking at trading him to X team, or Y team, and make sure those teams listed HAVE a starting center already. Maybe list Indiana and Chicago as possibilities. See how Omer thinks about that.

I think Omer has really hurt his credibility around the league with this stunt, and its going to hurt him long term after next year when he's a free agent again.

Whats ultimately the worst thing about this is Andy Miller commented that this is frustrating because he came to Houston to grow as a player, but what have we really seen Omer get better at since he came to Houston? Yes he was incredible defensively and on the boards last year, but he had the ultimate opportunity knowing Dwight was coming this Summer to grow offensively so he could play next to Dwight.

He obviously had no interest in that, and in the end is only looking our for numero uno, and could care less about sacrificing to compete for titles. Its pretty sad. Omer…. don't let the door hit you on the A$# on your way out of Houston. Houston fans don't even boo T-Mac anymore and I can see a pretty decent uproar from the crowd when this guy comes back. Lost a lot of respect for Omer Asik the past couple weeks.

The worst thing about this though is that the Rockets can forget packaging Asik for anything of value now. Asik's value is probably diddly, and Morey will be lucky now to JUST get Ryan Anderson for him because of this crap.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm over him, especially after tonight. Really frustrating that we've been squandering games, letting T. Jones & DMo waste away on the bench -- all in an attempt to pacify someone who doesn't even think enough of the team to suit up and go to work. Don't get me wrong... I think trying TT was the right thing to do. I think the organization at least owed it to Asik to try. But this is the thanks they get? No good deed. SMH.

20. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

he is the new Whipping boy because he is being unprofessional... nothing to do with lin... please dont make this about lin