1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(MARC STEIN) James Borrego to meet with LES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, May 24, 2016.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No thanks. We have enough idiots in the organization.

2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

it's almost like Les was ready to hire D'Antoni and Morey was like, noooo...see, look, these are some great assistant coaches, look at them! I promise you they are way better....

3. Nook

Nook Member

Busy slaughtering a wild hog in the alley, but maybe later?

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I have a feeling that all these interviews are Morey stalling Les from diving right into the D'Antoni cesspool.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Effing Grizzlies! Hire Borrego already! Get him out of our sight!

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's like me trying to calm down a crazy drunk friend. Keep him talking and not thinking about more alcohol while the bronze runs through his system.

Morey is babysitting Les.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Right and the last time they cast a wide net was when McHale got hired. Regardless of how you feel about him, it still led us to this point in trying to find his replacement. Typically an organization go into a coaching search by interviewing the best available candidates first. So far it's been helter skelter and that's been underwhelming.

As far as attacking, I think this is a pretty valid reason to "attack" because where is the direction in all this? That's all I ask.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Borrego isn't very exciting, but he's probably about as good as anyone else available at this point. He has played, coached for years under the best coach in the NBA, and is young. We could do worse. I'd prefer someone a little more established, but if you want to go young this guy isn't a horrible option. A little underwhelming maybe, but not completely horrible.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who gives a S#$%? Call me when they actually hire a coach. At this point its hardly newsworthy when the Rockets interview a potential coach.

10. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

Ime Udoka is the guy I've wanted from the start.

Anywho, I have an idea of how Morey's meet with Borrego went...

Morey: Do you want this job?

Borrego: Absolutely.

Morey: You do realize that you will have no decision-making power whatsoever?

Borrego: Yep.

Morey: I mean, if you put a Rookie into the game, I will call down to the sidelines and ask you what you're doing.

Borrego: Sure.

Morey: If I feel I have to, I'll throw you under the bus in order to prove that I'm the man around here.

Borrego: Okay.

11. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Maybe this is just a smokescreen and we are getting D'Antoni and Les is trolling us! Lol.

I, for one, do NOT want D'Antoni!!!!

12. snoop9928

snoop9928 Member

the guy he replaced was 15-37, so you could argue he made a garbage team play better. this hire would be much better than silas and the suns bum

1 person likes this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I was thinking the same thing lol..

14. dwhite

dwhite Member

Beginning to think we will continue to interview scrubs until Durant is out of the playoffs....

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not that I mind the possibility of getting someone other than D'Antoni, but exactly how long is this coaching search gonna last? First, D'Antoni is the supposed frontrunner. Then Silas' stock goes up after he reportedly nails his second interview. Now suddenly we're hearing about interviews with Adrian Griffin and a second interview with JB(no, not that one). I'm fine with taking our time, but this is reaching the point where I don't think Les knows what the hell he wants.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

For what possible reason? If the Thunder win, they far exceed expectations. If they lose, they still went further than expected and they can blame the League favoritism for the loss. They have a young, popular coach. And his friend playing alongside.

If for whatever reason Durant thinks about leaving, does anyone think he would consider HOU over LAL (new hyped coach), or his home town WAS with a young star and his favorite coach (Brooks). Or even GSW... who continue to talk about signing Durant.

Durant coming to HOU has about much a chance as me sleeping with Katy Perry. Delaying the hiring of a coach for the chance of signing Durant is insane.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Did Berman follow him into the bathroom? ;)

[​IMG]

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So you're saying there's a chance :)

Lol, yeah I agree.. Durant isn't coming over here, and Houston needs to pick a coach. This really makes the org look incompetent. "sure Durant, come on over, oh.. You didn't hear?? You're coaching the team too".

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would harden listen to him?

20. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

What a joke, Mark Jackson, Sam Cassell, Mario Eliem Kenny Smith (up to Smith) are all available. This will be a disaster.