1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears: Dwight's knee is bone on bone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Sanity2disChaos

Exactly.

keep hope alive.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Even a trained dog would keep the rock safer.

[SPOIILER]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x97aMSu0lcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/SPOILER]

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

And finish at an elite level.

4. Sanity2disChaos

valid....but what if.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

yes im oversimplifying, but its the truth, i didn't say points of pick and roll and rebound. I'm a Dwight fan, but this team goes where harden takes it.

lol and not "at a high level" but you know what i mean

6. Code Red

Code Red Member

Bone on bone and no post game...oh man this isn't good. How is he going to lift the team when he plays now. ;( lol

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

houston sports franchises are cursed.

8. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not if his knees are shot.....

9. Code Red

Code Red Member

Superman is becoming....*dramatic pause*...Clark Kent.

10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

True, but all of this is troubling in that you have McHale speaking and acting as though Howard was not coming back for the foreseeable future and yet, the dude is running around in the training room during his Bday party like he is completely fine. No way he is feeling bone on bone pain the way he was running and funning like that... and NOW he is suddenly capable of coming back and playing on Saturday, despite having bone on bone issues ?!??!?!! Either Howard has no idea what the hell he is talking about or everyone in that complex is a bit clueless including the medical staff

I had to have an arthroplasty in my left pinky knuckle when I destroyed all the cartilage in the knuckle playing soccer, so I know that bone on bone pain is INSANELY painful - only heavy narcotics helped dull it. I still can't take a direct hit the knuckle in any sporting event, and no way could I ever throw a punch and not expect to be in screaming pain...

I agree though, all this subterfuge with his knee injury has had zero to do with the baby mama drama...

11. bmd

bmd Member

I think he'll be fine. I feel like this would be a bigger deal if it was as serious as you guys are making it seem.

Maybe Dwight just doesn't quite have the terminology correct and can't quite explain his injury accurately.

12. rocketblood713

So how bad is this news cause he said he might play Saturday

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Could it be that Dwight is mis-speaking or being overly dramatic? Maybe his doctors told him that eventually he could be bone on bone based on his current rate of deterioration, not currently? Hard for me to believe the Rockets staff would pass him during a player physical, especially on a max contract, if x-rays came back bone-on-bone at 28. For a big guy, that's the kiss of death :eek:

14. Progs

Progs Member

In the immortal words of Paul Walker "Relax".

15. Victorious

Victorious Member

So this is a bad thing?

16. conquistador#11

lol we finally have harden playing at an mvp level and our other mvp is on the verge of catastrophic knee issues of course this was going to happen.
    and the lol is because i'm trying to laugh it off.

17. CertifiedTroll

I dont put much weight to that. I know these are pro athletes.. But I doubt Dwight has very good medical knowledge

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

19. rockets13champs

doesnt dajuan blair play without 2 cartlidges

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

The time to worry is when the Rockets Medical Staff actually confirms this is true..

Dwight hopefully is just over exaggerating his knee sprain and that he just had an extremely sore knee.