1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Gasol may want out of Memphis...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

[​IMG]

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marc Gasol, Like Larry Bird, can keep up with any speed because his basketball brain is thinking 20 plays ahead.

Our defense would vastly improve, and our playoff offense would as well.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[Mathur] Report: Grizzlies rejecting Gasol trade inquiries

Teams have been reaching out to the Grizzlies and offering packages for Gasol ever since Fizdale was let go, but Memphis is not shopping the former Defensive Player of the Year currently and have rebuffed all trade inquiries — according to a report by The Vertical.

Gasol, 32, is making $22.6 million this season and is owed $24.1 million next year. He can become a free agent in 2019, as he possesses a player option.

The 32-year-old Spaniard is one of the best centers in the game still. Gasol enters today averaging 19.1 points and 9.1 rebounds while shooting 41.8 percent from the field.

It is unknown which teams have shown interest in trading for Gasol, but it’s safe to assume the Toronto Raptors were among the clubs that contacted the Grizzlies. Reports claim the Raptors are open to moving center Jonas Valanciunas and they have young players the Grizzlies might be interested in pursuing.

The Cleveland Cavaliers, who own the Brooklyn Nets’ 2018 first round pick, have not expressed interest in Gasol as of yet, sources tell AmicoHoops.

http://amicohoops.net/memphis-grizzlies-marc-gasol-trade-rumors-nba/

ISOBall likes this.
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I see Joe Johnson being bought out coming here but the ideal trade is a dumping of PG13 for Ryno. I love the sound of it but Presti would rather eat glass than give us another all-star. Denver losing Millsap, OKMe losers, Clippers dying, and Memphis falling apart has basically screwed the prospects for Boogie. Barring another injury to AD, I see NOLA making the playoffs by default even with their guard play. If you took the Rockets backcourt and their frontcourt. OMG game over.

hakeem94 and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  5. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Hell no to Gasol, he's not the kind of center you want. He's just like howard and will not do pick and roll like clint capela. I will take capela over Gasol anyday of the week. Him posting up will really mess up the flow of the game for Harden and Paul. There's only so many ball to go around.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes nothing like howard. if you're going to find a way to criticize him atleast be truthful about it

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

He is real big 3. He is better than carmelo. It depends who needs to trade. If it only costs draft pick and money. Lets try. Morey worths to pay the exceed salary tax this year. I think we are very close to get championship this year. I also want to keep the existing players and bench. It is difficult

#107 elmotsangtt, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    saleem likes this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

41.8% from the field? 32.2% from three?

Yikes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm always scared of taking a player that's having a below par season in hopes they can "turn it around" .

Gasol is playing great this year ... And of course there is the argument that he is disinterested .

But he also could have lost a step or be masking an injury .

The Chemistry that we already have is a lot to risk .

Also I'm not sure that gasol is better defensively that Clint against the top tier of teams . Clint is quicker .

10. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

if he gets traded he's going to Boston, Cleveland, or the rich getting richer Warriors. you heard it here first.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Grizzlies GM: Team won't rebuild, won't trade Gasol, remains 'full speed ahead'

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...allace-says-team-trade-marc-gasol-mike-conley

Vivi likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

translation?

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member